“Let's you have a good time, the whole time!”
Review of Lakefront Brewery

Milwaukee Sightseeing City Tour
Ranked #2 of 32 Food & Drink in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Lakefront Brewery is a leader in brewing the best beers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Specializing in lagers in their formative years, Lakefront has since released the first certified organic beer, gluten-free beer, as well as the first fruit beer since prohibition. A leader in innovation, Lakefront produces a My Turn series in which, four times a year, a Lakefront employee gets to call a beer their own. More recently, Lakefront also started a Brandy Barrel-aged series of brews that release throughout the year. Beer aside, Lakefront is also known around the country for their highly entertaining and sought-after brewery tours. The tour price gets you 4, 6 oz. samples, a souvenir pint glass, and a coupon for Lakefront beer at one of many locations. It's recommended to buy your tickets online ahead of time. If available, tickets can also be bought walking up for the next available tour.
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Went here with a friend visiting from California for something fun to do out of her comfort zone. Loved it! When we walked in the huge doors, we waited a bit in line to get our tickets for the tour, which was only $7 and received our tasting cup and four tokens for one 6 oz. beer for each token. Decent sized bar and huge gathering tables to sit at and socialize, which was cool because our tour was in another hour. We ordered their big baked pretzels, which came with cheese spread, mustard and sweet and spicy pickles. Good price for that amount of food too.

Once our tour began, they had a last call for your beer to be filled and then we went down into the guts of the building. Our guide was Rachael and she was a riot! Good humored and well versed, definitely something you should act like as a guide. You learn about the history of the brewery, how its made from start to finish with a little help from volunteers in the group and half way through the tour, we were able to lose another token and refill our glasses. Pretty awesome! Ended the tour with singing Laverne and Shirley's theme song in the bottling area.

Had a great time and received a Lakefront Brewery pint glass at the end in the gift shop. This is a stellar place to go with friends and family!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

998 - 1,002 of 1,453 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I'll start off by saying i'm not a huge beer drinker, however, being in Milwaukee I had to test some local brews. I choice lakefront because I loved the picture of the founders rocking their 80's mustaches. I'm very happy I went there, great tour, all staff was super friendly! The Lakefront Easide Dark which as I learned is the 2nd best dark beer in the world per the USA Times (i think that's what she said) was to die for!! Overall great experience, even met a few girls out for the ones 21st birthday and they brought me with them to enjoy some of their night. Must go when in town. $8 with online fee = 4, 6 oz pours of different beers and at the end of the tour you get to turn your cup in for a souvenier pint glass. Win/win.
Also did I mention you get to drink before during and after the tour?
AWESOME!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Four of us did the tour on New Years Eve Day in the early afternoon. One of the founders of Lakefront was our tour guide, which made it seem that much more genuine. While waiting for the tour we enjoyed a couple samplers (you get 4 total) and my favorite part was that you got to take your beer with you on the tour. This tour seemed more interesting than other brewery tours, somehow. This was a fun thing to do in the winter, I imagine it would get crazy busy in the summer. We also got a voucher for a free pint at one of the local establishments, which we visited right after the tour, near the Milwaukee Public Market. Made for a really fun afternoon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We have done this tour five times in the past year. Each time, we had a different tour guide who put his or her own, unique spin on the tour (I learn something new each time). Also, you may enjoy beer throughout the tour, which makes the group quite animated. We enjoy each trip back to the brewery and have found that this is a great activity when guests visit MKE. Do plan ahead, if possible, and order tickets online to ensure that you reserve your preferred time slot; there is a limited number reserved for purchase at the brewery.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having just left the Sprecher Brewery tour, which felt like a grade school outing, this was an amazing breath of fresh air. I see that people complained on this site about sexual innuendos, but I will take those anyday if people will just please leave their little darlings home. I am so tired of children being brought to adult events. This one did not welcome them. I am grateful. It was an enjoyable tour followed by a four tastings and a free glass. This tour was a pleasure and well worth the $7 fee.

1  Thank Christine M