“Great Tour, Great Beer, Great Fun!”
Review of Lakefront Brewery

Milwaukee Sightseeing City Tour
Ranked #3 of 189 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On December 2nd, 1987, brothers Russ and Jim Klisch opened Lakefront Brewery and sold their first batch of Riverwest Stein Amber Lager to a neighborhood tavern in Milwaukee. We have grown to brew 46,848 barrels of beer in 2017 and distribute our products to 35 states, Canada, Ukraine, Japan, Korea, Sweden and Australia. Lakefront Brewery was the first certified organic brewery in America, the first brewery to produce a government-approved, gluten-free beer and the first indigenous beer using all Wisconsin grown ingredients. We currently produce 20+ year-round and seasonal beers as well as our innovative one-off My Turn Series which gives each of our full time employees a chance to choose a style we've never brewed. Beer aside, Lakefront is also known around the country for their highly entertaining and sought-after brewery tours.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I went on the brewery tour offered by Lakefront Brewery and it was great. Our guide was hilarious (Justin) and all of the other employees were fun and engaging. The history of the brewery was interesting and the beer was delicious! I loved the different offerings and I will definitely be back again.

We went on a Friday evening and stayed for the fish fry. The fish was excellent, along with the potato pancakes and polka band! This was a great evening out and I highly recommend folks checking out this tour. Once everything was done, we enjoyed some time sitting outside along the river enjoying our beers and the scenery.

I highly recommend this tour, this fish fry and this brewey...all rolled in to one review! :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,484)
All reviews
in 40 reviews
"friday night"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Took a getaway to Milwaukee for the weekend and this was the highlight for sure. Justin was our tour guide and he was very informative, very fun and very personable. You get four 6 oz. beers of your choosing. I really enjoyed the IBA and fuel cafe nitro coffee stout.
At the end of the tour you can trade your plastic cup in for a free souvenir pint glass.
5/5 would do this again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stopped by this on the last part of our tour in Milwaukee and had a great time! A small brewery where they take you around and talk about how it was started and the best part -- you actually get beer BEFORE the tour instead of at the end! Our tour guide Josh was HILARIOUS cracking jokes the entire time. Even let me have a few extras since it was my birthday! :)

At the end you get to trade in your cup for a pint glass to keep... I recommend this for a very relaxing, quick, and funny brewery tour!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

For 7 bucks you get 4 great tastings and a cool pint glass! The tour is great, they explain the process and throw in some humor and take drinking breaks! Great beer, great atmosphere and awesome people. Great gift shop and snacks too!