“Absolutely gorgeous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pabst Mansion

Pabst Mansion
Ranked #6 of 155 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring 37 rooms, 12 baths and 14 fireplaces, sea captain and beer baron Captain Frederick Pabst's castle-like home was built in Flemish Renaissance style on Milwaukee's Grand Avenue of Mansions.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Absolutely gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I took my "Little" sister to the Pabst last summer. I was a "Big" sister and part of our weekly visits was to expose her to things she's never seen. I've traveled around the world and have seen a lot of palaces, castles, cathedrals, etc. I almost feel ashamed that I waited so long to see the Pabst mansion, considering I lived in Milwaukee all my life, but we kind of o that, don't we? Skip the local things in favor of the exotic.

Anyways, it is gorgeous! There is no other way to describe it. You get a real feel for how the Pabst family lived as you get you walk into the rooms; they're not cordoned off. The added bonus is that the Pabst is part of a three historical house pass--Charles Allis and Villa Terrace are the other two--for one price, so we went to see the beautiful gardens of Villa Terrace for a good price (I think it was $12.00 per person).

Visited August 2012

Belleville, wi
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“So interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My 11year old daughter and I just toured the mansion and it was entertaining for both of us, not just the beauty, but the stories about the history , we learned so much. Parking was easy and just walked in signed up for next tour which run every hour, and so inexpensive . They continue to restore more rooms, so would like to go back again in future, they say it is beautiful during Xmas

Visited March 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My 12 year old daughter and I toured the mansion and we loved it! The docent had grown up in the neighborhood and had great stories to tell. She was so knowledgeable about the history of the house and family and was very informative about the restoration work being done. Check out the beautiful built in cabinets in the dining room - gorgeous! Will definitely go again.

Visited August 2012
minnesota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Neat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Our guide was very knowledgable about the facts. It was a snowy morning and we had the place to our selfs. Our one hour tour took an hour and forty five minutes. A very cool place to see. Loved the stairwell and the captains room on the first level.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful architechture”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I wanted to see this place no matter what! But got even luckier. There was a beer and brat fundraiser for the mansion that weekend. Very cool. Hands down recommend for the period art and decour.

Visited June 2012