“Amazing Place, very enjoyable”
Review of Pabst Mansion

Pabst Mansion
Ranked #6 of 182 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring 37 rooms, 12 baths and 14 fireplaces, sea captain and beer baron Captain Frederick Pabst's beautiful home was built in the Flemish Renaissance style on Milwaukee's historic Grand Avenue. During docent-led tours visitors will see the first through third floors and learn about the Pabst Mansion and family.
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Pabst Mansion is a must see when visiting Milwaukee. I saw this little treasure on Trip Advisor and asked our relatives who live in Milwaukee if they had every been and they had not so we made the trip downtown and went. This mansion is simply amazing! We had a 12 people in our group and the youngest being 4 years of age. Although the children might not have appreciated it as much as the adults, I think everyone had a great time. If you like history, I highly recomend this place. It was fun to learn about the history behind the maker of Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My friends and I decided to take a tour of the mansion at the last minute. We were the first group to go through and I have to say it was a very beautiful mansion. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable about the history of the mansion, the Pabst Family and the plans for future restorations. I was impressed with how the mansion has been restored and how well it has been kept. The tour is a little longer than an hour. I would highly suggest taking this tour.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We went on a 10 a.m. tour of the Pabst mansion. What a beautiful 37 room mansion this is! Our tour guide was an older man and you could tell he loved the mansion and giving tours of the home. We’ve been on many mansion tours before and this home was one of the more ornate ones we’ve been to (not including those in Newport, RI) that was actually lived in. Very well worth the time. It was $9 to get in. Also, if you buy the magnificent three pass for $3 more, you get free admission to the Charles Allis house (which was okay) and the Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum (which I loved).

1  Thank Visa711
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Much of the Pabst Mansion is beautifully restored. The docent on our guide was incredibly knowledgeable about the family history and the house, and the tour was quite good. The main floor of the house is seen - dining room, entry, parlours, kitchen, and the 2nd floor is also seen on the tour - this is where the family actually lived. Some of these rooms will begin their renovations soon.

3  Thank AdventureLass
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The intact original woodwork, beautifully restored ceilings and wall coverings and a good deal of original furniture make the Pabst Mansion a gem. Great stop for lovers of history, architecture, decorative arts. It is opulent and ornate inside and out. They are not completed with restoration just yet, but all publicly toured areas are in good condition. I wish I had known about the private behind the scenes tours that take you to the attic, basement and third floor for not a whole lot more money. But those have to be arranged in advance.

2  Thank LaChatNoir