“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My daughter who is a junior in college bought me tickets for my birthday for us to go to see Diary of Anne Frank. Of note is that we had to cancel due to illness and they did allow us to reschedule for a 10 dollar fee which was great. All of the staff working were very nice and helpful. The lobby and building are very fancy and beautiful. They had large displays about the play as well. During intermission they had snacks, wine, beer. We got there early and one of the cast members set up the story and described the situation. he actors were all great, as well as the set. I would say the dress people going there went from a very few people wearing jeans, most dress casual and some very, very well dressed. There were people of all ages there too. There are elevators. I had no trouble as far as having to watch my step or anything. It was well lit when it needed to be. We both really enjoyed it and will be returning to see another one we are interested in over the holidays. I highly recommend this theater.

Visited November 2012

Los Angeles, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Blues in the Night is FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Sabina and I went to Blues in the Night (http://www.milwaukeerep.com/season/blues.html) tonight and were blown away. It was so much fun and the venue (Stackner Cabaret) is as good a place to see intimate theater as we've ever been. The talent in this show from the singing and dancing to the acting is amazing and that you can get tickets for $35 is among the best deals of any theater anywhere.

Visited November 2012
Cedarburg, Wisconsin, United States
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Theater at its finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We are so lucky to have a place like this in Milwaukee, 3 fantastic venues in one place to watch wonderful plays.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Gives Milwaukee a bad Rep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Milwaukee Rep Theatre is usually known for off-beat yet compelling theatrical productions. My wife took part in their summer program this past July and my in-laws are contributors. However, my experience of the Rep has been lackluster, dangerous, and disappointing.

If it's your first time at the Rep, the best advice I can give you is, watch your step! There are no running lights along the wide and chunky stairs leading up into the seating areas in the smaller theatres. Several people stumbled and fell up and down the stairs (in the pitch dark) at my wife's showcase and it was a wonder that they weren't seriously hurt.

In addition, the productions director was unfriendly and not very helpful when our family was trying to find the correct theatre door.

Overall, I would skip any production at the Rep and go instead to Ziedler Hall.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank mrsydrob
Wisconsin
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“A Milwaukee Highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Milwaukee is lucky to have a wonderful variety of high quality cultural attractions, far surpassing those of other cities its size. The Reperatory Theatre is near the top of the list. As a season subscriber for many years, I have watched its complexion change with the various artistic directors, but have always been impressed with the production even when I did not particularly like a certain play. I love the variety offered by the 3 venues. The Rep in Depth lectures before performances are well worth coming 45 minutes early. Always informative, they are occasionally an entertaining show unto themselves.

Visited May 2012