“Indian Summer”

Henry Maier Festival Park
Ranked #17 of 182 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated on the Lake Michigan shore, this park plays host to Milwaukee's sizzling summer circuit of ethnic and music festivals. Promoting an understanding of different ethnic cultures, the histories and traditions of various nationalities, harmony in the community, civic pride and provides a showcase for performing arts, activities and recreation for the public. Festivals throughout the year held at Henry Maier Festival Park: Polish Fest , Pride Fest, Summerfest, Festa Italiana, German Fest, Jazz Visions on the Lake, Irish Fest, Mexican Fiesta, Indian Summer Festival, Fromm Pet Fest.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The festival grounds is home to many festivals throughout the summer. It is always nice to go and experience the grounds, food and activities for any or all of the festivals. A great venue.

1  Thank Lwinktoo

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not even worth one star. I recently went to the Henry Maier Festival Park for the Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary. I ordered a glass of wine at the booth in front of the Briggs and Stratton stage while a band was playing. I had to repeat my order four times because the elderly man who took my order could not hear me due to the band noise. I took a sip of my drink and instantly knew it was not what I ordered. I returned to the booth to speak to a manager about the servers mistake so she could correct my order. The manager walked away from me, and then I was confronted by the elderly man who took my order and a second manager (Angie S.) who both started arguing with me and demanding that I ordered Chardonnay, which is a wine I never drink or order (notice I said two different employees argued with me about what I ordered and one of them wasn't even around when I placed my order). After 15 minutes of being avoided, argued with, called a liar, and pushed off on a total of three different employees, my drink was corrected with voiced sarcasm, and eye rolling by manager Angie S. who acted extremely immature the whole time. My husband and I purchased (2) two day tickets at $97 each, and didn't even return on the second day due to this horrible customer service experience. I have been in customer service for 25 years and I am constantly praised for my excellent customer service skills. Obviously this company doesn't teach their employees the importance of customer satisfaction. This horrible customer service was unacceptable, and I made that clear to the Manager Angie S. as she rolled her eyes at me. It's very upsetting to go on vacation and be treated with disrespect and called a liar. My husband and I will never return to this park. I plan to share this information in a letter with Harley Davidson so they know what kind of nasty people are representing their Anniversary celebrations.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Summerfest grounds were very clean and the bands were great. The vendor area just outside the Summerfest grounds were pretty clean but could have used a few more trash cans. The vendors were extremely helpful and polite.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beaucoup music venues and choices, great "fair" food and lots of cold beverage vendors. What better way to spend a day or two of your vacation?

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Were here for the first time for the Harley-Davidson 110th Celebration. The grounds are nice but was expecting more. They did have alot of bar and eating establishments but be ready to shell of alot of cash for the food. None of it was cheap. They have several have several band stages with one additional main stage. Main stage acts were great as well as the other side stage bands. So, if you want to eat, drink, and listen to music this is the place. We did do that, however it would have been nice to other forms of entertainment. We left the grounds after one afternoon and ended up having a much better time at the parties being held at area Harley dealerships. For the really high admission price, wish we would have just spent it on the dealerships.