“Great For Kids”

and up
Milwaukee Sightseeing Bus Tour
Ranked #13 of 168 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery World connects innovation, science, technology and the environment with exploration and learning through interactive exhibits and experiential learning programs. We are dedicated to helping people positively impact their communities by developing a better understanding of technology and the environment while fostering both innovation and creativity. Discovery World is a 120,000-square foot facility that includes interactive science, technology and freshwater exhibits, learning labs, theaters, television and audio studios, and fresh and saltwater aquariums. Venture into our world of technology Take a 3-D journey into virtual environments. Feel the dips and dives of flying an airplane. Lie on a bed of nails. See the inside of a nuclear reactor. Immerse yourself in our world of water See aquatic life from the Great Lakes, North Atlantic, and the Caribbean. Interact with stingrays, sea urchins, sturgeons, and more in our touch tank. Navigate your own ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle). View the world's largest model of the Great Lakes while you learn about native amphibians, reptiles, and fish. Discovery World is also home to the S/V Denis Sullivan, a 137-foot replica of a 19th century Great Lakes schooner and a floating classroom for water education and conservation programs, day and night sails, and private receptions. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, our grounds and promenade provide plenty of opportunity for strolling, picnicking or just enjoying the view.
Libertyville, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great For Kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I love places that take science and make it really cool, hands on, and interesting for kids. This place fits the bill. My kids had a great time with all the science and aquatic exhibits.

1 Thank John M

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I really do not want to write a essay for each one of my anwser, sorry but I'm handicapped and if I could type I'd be working instead of ding this on my computer

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Has the potential to be better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We took our seven year old and four year old on a saturday early afternoon...the experience was ok, but the kids got bored quickly, since a lot of the exhibits weren't working, or closed down. Along with the aquarium being rather small. We feel we did not get our sixty dollars worth (two adults, two kids)...waste of time...wished we had gone somewhere else. Also, wished lockers would have been available...we had to carry our winter coats around(cold springtime) since we walked from our nearby hotel.

Richmond, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“So glad I bought the Groupon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Bought the yearly membership via Groupon and am SO glad I did! What a phenomenal place! The fish, the ship, the machines!! Love the underground [ie no coats] parking! It is just a great space and really shows off the lake. We WILL be back!

1 Thank Momathome09
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great place to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great place! I just got back with my one year old and she, auntie and i loved it! She was intranced with the fish and we all had fun making our way threw the place. Thank for the great time!

1 Thank yoink02