“Adults Love it too!”
Review of Discovery World

Discovery World
Ranked #15 of 182 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery World connects innovation, science, technology and the environment with exploration and learning through interactive exhibits and experiential learning programs. We are dedicated to helping people positively impact their communities by developing a better understanding of technology and the environment while fostering both innovation and creativity. Discovery World is a 120,000-square foot facility that includes interactive science, technology and freshwater exhibits, learning labs, theaters, television and audio studios, and fresh and saltwater aquariums. Venture into our world of technology Take a 3-D journey into virtual environments. Feel the dips and dives of flying an airplane. Lie on a bed of nails. See the inside of a nuclear reactor. Immerse yourself in our world of water See aquatic life from the Great Lakes, North Atlantic, and the Caribbean. Interact with stingrays, sea urchins, sturgeons, and more in our touch tank. Navigate your own ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle). View the world's largest model of the Great Lakes while you learn about native amphibians, reptiles, and fish. Discovery World is also home to the S/V Denis Sullivan, a 137-foot replica of a 19th century Great Lakes schooner and a floating classroom for water education and conservation programs, day and night sails, and private receptions. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, our grounds and promenade provide plenty of opportunity for strolling, picnicking or just enjoying the view.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 hours here! We got there early so we had lots of time to 'touch and feel' all the exhibits. It was a lot of fun. The Tesla Live! show is a must see.

2  Thank parrots2

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I agree with all of the reviews that this place is not worth $16.95 for an adult. Maybe $16.95 for a family of four, but not each! To make matters worse, parking is hard to find so you are forced to park underground and pay through the nose ($8 for less than 3 hours for us). The total for tickets and parking for our family of four was $67.80. We were there about 2.5 hours. The museum is OK. It was not very busy, which made me wonder why they don’t lower the price so more people can afford it. Or maybe they want it that way to keep “undesirables” out?

The best part is touching the rays and sturgeons. The problem is that kids under 8 cannot read the fish or rays. If you try to lift them or if they move their feet off the ground, there is an employee there to yell at them. Why can’t the kids touch the fish? It is very frustrating for them and for the parents. Can’t the fish tanks be made kid friendly?

1  Thank funforus1
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My 11 year old daughter and I stumbled onto Discovery World this summer while waiting on the Milwaukee Irish Fest to open up.
We decided to go inside and I'm very glad we did. My daughter loves aquariums and was thrilled with one in Discovery World. While it probably doesn't measure up to other acquariums such as Shedd's, I think for the location, it was very interesting.
The interactive displays were also great. Both my daughter and I flew and attempted to land and airplane. I successfully landed, albeit a few bounces. My daughter was not as successful.
The touch tank was another great aspect. We could see and touch several species of aquatic life. One tank held stingrays and the other Sturgons from Lake Michigan.
While I thought the admission price was a little steep, Discovery World is well worth the time to visit.
I would recommend it to anyone who is going to be in the Milwauke area.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Luckily I got discounted tixs for $10 for 4 people (gogeddit.com) and thank God I did or otherwise I would have been complaining to someone directly onsite. When we arrived the girl wanted to charge me when I presented her with the printed offer saying I had already paid online. Then 1/3 of the stuff is broken--some had signs saying sorry it is broken other stuff just did not work. The cafe is like vending machine stuff..save some money and eat better and bring in your own lunch which is what we did. The Kohls Art Lab is the biggest joke. We went in and was told come back in 30 mintues they were full. So we came back in 30 minutes and told the same line, they were full come back in 30 minutes. No wait list or anything. Based on what little we paid ($10 admission and $10 parking underground--it was raining that day) I think it was a fair price (that and my husband is an engineer who could explain how stuff should/did work). Search around for offers which are easy to find and DONT PAY FULL PRICE.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had my doubts about this attraction from the reviews and delayed going. Went with my husband and 9 year old daughter. Very, very glad I went. This is a fantastic museum! With something for everyone. Technology exhibits for geek in people, nice collection of guitars, history of musical instruments and technology, LOVED the touch pools where my daughter got to touch lake sturgeons and stingrays. Very nice history of Milwaukee and the Great Lakes. Ecology, water, and energy conservation all highlighted. This is a museum not to be missed! It's more beneficial to children in upper elementary and older. For very little kids better to go to the Betty Brinn Children's Museum across the street.

1  Thank Connie J