“great family fun”

and up
Milwaukee Sightseeing Bus Tour
Ranked #21 of 168 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Milwaukee's only place for hands-on play and interactive learning, just for kids 10 and younger and their grown-ups! The Betty Brinn Children's Museum is dedicated to providing interactive exhibits and educational resources that promote school readiness, including the development of early literacy, beginning math and science concepts, problem-solving, and physical and social skills. Visit today to explore our resident exhibits, special exhibits and our weekly educational programs.
Saukville, Wisconsin, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great family fun”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Kids spent the whole day there and didn't even do everything they had to do there. It was lots of fun!

Visited December 2011

West Bend
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Grandkids Day”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We enjoyed at day with grandkids seeing all the sights and watching their eyes and faces light up as they discovered something new.

Visited August 2012
Milwaukee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lots of Variety”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

There are so many great places at this museum to explore. Anything from a grocery store, mechanic shop, pizza place and post office, all having phones to call each other. The traveling exhibits are always fun too like the Mr. Potato Head one a few years ago. My kids also enjoyed the newer health-based life-sized game and the dance area. There is also a puppet area and art area too. Oh, and there is a nice gated off area for the littler kids too.

Visited March 2012
Jackson, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Costly for children, but great exhibits”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

There was many different exhibits for all children's age groups. My grandchildren were sad to leave.

Visited August 2012
Niceville, Florida
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“My kids had a good time”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I took my two kids (son 5, daughter 3) to the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum while my wife was attending a business conference. I thought it was a really nice place for kids their age. Despite some of the more negative reviews on TripAdvisor, we really didn’t encounter anything overly negative. I would say my biggest complaint was that some of the accessories, such as the tools in the house-under-construction area, were old, broken, or in-operative. Also, the grocery store section didn’t have a ton of carts or food items which was an issue because of the large number of kids there that day. But for the most part everything was in good condition and usable by the kids. I also liked the fact that hand sanitizer dispensers were available throughout the museum. It started pouring rain when we were about to leave for lunch, so we just had lunch at the little café downstairs. It’s acceptable but nothing special. We split two pizzas and some mac-and-cheese, which my son likes to describe as tasting “nothing like the mac-and-cheese we like”. He’s right, it was pretty bad. I expect to be back in Milwaukee the same time next year and I know the kids will want to return to the museum (but not to the café). By the way, I opted not to take our double-stroller and was glad I did - I think navigating a stroller through the museum would not be easy...

Visited July 2012