“great classical music.”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“great classical music.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

had a year's subscription some time ago and enjoyed it very much. Doc Severinson was a highlight. Sad to say it is one of the things iI had to give up when Obama crapped on our economy.

Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Mis-leading advertising”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had heard a commercial on a Milwaukee radio station that the orchesta was hosting a performance which would highlight the songs of Frankie Valley and the 4 Seasons and that one of the singers from the Jersey Boys would be one of the performers. First of all, on the orchestra's website I asked for "best ticket" available and it showed Center loge and seats 5,6,7,8, which I purchased for $47 each plus $3 "facilty fee " seriously why not just say $50 per ticket ? We were greatly disappointed when the performance began to see literally hundreds of much better seats, (some rows with absolutely NO one in them) vacant. The orchestra itself was pleasant to listen to but many times overpowered the singers to the point that you could not make out the words of the song. The "tribute" to the 4 Seasons was about 4 songs, and that was it. The rest of the music was from the 1960's but I felt dupped by the advertising that touted that the concert was mostly songs by the 4 Seasons. The Jersey Boy singer was certainly NOT the lead singer in that performance (I've seen it in Vegas) and sounded nothing like Frankie Valley but did have a very nice voice as did the other two performers. The parking across the street is expensive $10, look elsewhere there are many other options close by. If nothing else it again reinforces to me that I should check into these things much further on my own than to rely on advertising that I felt was misleading. The concert overall was an entertaining afternoon and reminds me that I personally have no talent whatsoever in playing an instrument myself and how delightful it is that others do.

Visited April 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Stunning sets and music!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We saw the MSO perform Bartok's "Bluebeard"-- with stunning glass sets by Dale Chihuly. The two singers were excellent, and though the opera is in Hungarian, the titles (above the stage) were easily readable English translations. The Mozart horn concerto was delightful, too.

Visited March 2013
Franklin, WI
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was very impressed with the music, I never thought of Orchestra as interesting until I came here to listen.

Visited March 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“First rate fun!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Enjoyed an evening with Doc Severson and selections from Progy and Bess with my teenage daughter. Nice to step it up a notch to a quality symphony and yet stay in WI- with affordable hotels and dining in the area, we can make a weekend of it and feel elegant yet it's affordable. Looking forward to attending a concert in their regular season.

Visited January 2013