“Get your Usinger brats with two nice beers”

Milwaukee Brat House
Ranked #9 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Since Usingers (right across the street) doesn't cook their brats, you can cross the street and wash them doesn with two draft beers. Fries were the best side, potato salad and cole slaw were good. If you're hungy, may need a double order!

There are newer reviews for Milwaukee Brat House

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I love going here. Not only do you get 2 for 1 beers, but the food is great and it's a cozy place to go especially during the winter. The sausages are great and the fries are good also.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Best bar food in the city for sure!

I work nearby and always refer friends and family to come visit this place. The staff is extremely friendly and always go out of there way to make it a good time. There are plenty of bar spots and also table space. There are also booths in the dinning area.

The Milton brat is my favorite served on a pretzel bun but they also have some really good sandwiches. The Reuben is amazing and the Philly is really good too. They serve there full menu really late....I think til bar time??

All there beers are served in pairs which is a cool twist. Bar tenders are always willing to shake dice. Can get busy when there are events at the nearby arena but I like a place when it has some life in it.

Overall its a great place that serves good food at a great rate. What else can you ask for?

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nov 9, 2012 7:00PM – 9:15PM
I definitely wanted to try the brats here, but since we went on a friday, and my friend saw the "Friday fish fry" on the specials posted outside, we decided to try that.

Started with beer of course... the menu had about 10 on tap and 10 on bottles. We were surprised that our server came back with 2 mugs each of our order. And this is not a friday night special: its always 1+1 free. So thought that was great! And also that way we switched the second mug with each other and got to try 2 beers each with 2 orders!
Playing some good alternative rock, liked the music early on, then some live band started playing – so so… the crowd though was loud, youngish coz of MU…

Ordered the Friday Fish fry as well. Dint come for a good 15 mins, so decided to step out to the back of the restaurant that was facing a small street. And we walked past to the kitchen that was just separated by glass, very basic, and would explain the very poor quality of food later.

Since it was winter, seating outside was closed, but summers – it would’ve accommodated about 30 people there, the width of the entire place is just about 15 feet. So not so spacious, 3 story buildings on both sides.

Fish fry was finally there when we came back, quantity was a lot – easily shared by 2.
Fish Fry: batter/coating was just very bland, no taste what so ever, no trace of salt too; on lifting it – the fish piece just fell apart, suspect it was too old. And it was just way too oily. Did not come with the usual tartar sauce, instead just coleslaw, and lemon. The fries were decent – had some seasoning in the batter there. And a cup of Mayo to go with it.
Overall: very bad excessively oily

All plastic forks, knives – small paper plates.
We had ordered the 2 round of beers (4 mugs again ) now the reality is: that this is really the smallest possible mug that you would get in a pub – just about 250 ml… so most of the other places give a huge ½ liter mug for the same $5… So that is NOT a +factor. The beer itself (among the 4 different taps we tried) were all flat (no carbonation what so ever). Not even a ring of foam on the top. Just clear – now that doesn’t feel like drinking beer, rather like drinking water. And our server was attending other tables with 5 mugs in each hand – beer just dripping out. They obviously don’t value what they sell.

By the end of it we didn’t feel like drinking/eating any more. I still want to go back there, to try the brats – I suspect it won’t be any good. So this’ll be way down in my list/never.

2  Thank SanDefacto
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Cool Bar with friendly bartenders... I ducked in for a quick brat to go on a perfect pretzel roll bun and was in and out in like 10 minutes... The bartender offered me a glass of water while I waited. Went back the next day. Heard Obama ducked in here during his campaign swing through Milwaukee...