“Another hidden treasure in my city”
Review of Grohmann Museum

Grohmann Museum
Ranked #27 of 168 things to do in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Another hidden treasure in my city”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friend and I went to visit the Grohmann Museum. It was soooo amazing. We went to the roof garden, and it was an OMG moment for both of us. There, on the roof of the MSOE building, were 12 nine foot tall bronze statues depicting men and women at work in various occupations, and 6 lifesize statues. From the roof, one can see a lot of the downtown buildings . There are also places to sit and look at the beautiful flowers, and the mural painted on one side of the roof. After we spent some time on the roof, we went inside and spent about 2 hours looking at all of the paintings. The paintings are all of men, women, and children doing various types of work. Working in the fields, in factories, some of doctors, poets, just too many to list here. We both live in Milwaukee and had never heard of this museum. Now I can't wait to tell other people about it. It's only $3.00 for seniors and students. Children 12 and under are free, and the regular admission is just $5.00. You can't beat that for having a truly excellent experience. I plan on going again, and taking other friends with me. Oh, and there is free parking in the rear of the building. A MUST see for Milwaukee residents and out of town visitors.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lil L

Caledonia, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Industrial heritage museum”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Beautiful building, easy nearby parking, and art that is a reflection of how our industrial heritage was seen by those who saw it being created.

Visited April 2013
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
238 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Best $5 I ever spent on a museum”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I can't decide what I enjoyed more: the rooftop sculpture garden or the paintings indoors depicting men in different professions throughout history. Very high quality artwork and interesting architecture. Museum is the perfect size; we got to see everything without getting "museum feet."

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cynthia F
South Bend, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected and fascinating collection of art”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The theme of work made this gallery unique and far more interesting to our family group than most art galleries. This is a must see collection!

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Grohmann Museum”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a collection of outstanding quality, displayed in excellent modern galleries, and well worth the very reasonable admission charge. Fascinating and little-known European paintings dating from the seventeenth century to the twenty-first. Something out of the ordinary - not to be missed if you visit Milwaukee.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tripadviser1186338

Been to Grohmann Museum? Share your experiences!