“Lobster Mac 'n Cheese- can you say YUMMMMMM?”
Review of Centro Cafe

Centro Cafe
Ranked #107 of 1,571 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Prior to my visit to Milwaukee I spent a lot of time reviewing the top restaurants on Trip Advisor. I finally selected Centro Cafe, and I was not disappointed. The ambiance was great, and so was the food. (Even the bathroom was VERY nice!!!) I had the Lobster Mac and Cheese and it was delicious. Lots of lobster, and very fresh tasting. This is not something I would normally order, being in the Midwest, and far away from the ocean, but it did not disappoint, it was great. My friend had the Diavolo and that was very good as well. Oilve oil on the table for dipping the bread in- always a plus in my book. The staff was extremely friendly. At first we were put at a high table in the back, and my friend asked if we could be reseated. Not a problem, everyone was very nice. The ambiance was spectacular. The only minus was that it was a little noisy- but it's a small restaurant, and that is how it is sometimes. This is really just my issue since i have trouble hearing in crowded places. Getting old I guess. ha ha ha. This is a MUST GO!!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've had 3 different meals here now in the past 3 years, and all have been excellent. Fresh ingredients, attentive service, reasonable prices, great spot. It can be busy, so be prepared to wait during prime times. We had a party of 6 and they did a great job of accommodating us on a crowded and busy Saturday night. Wish I still lived in Milwaukee so I could enjoy this place more often.

1  Thank BuckyBadger2007
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My sister flew in from Atlanta early Saturday evening. My daughter and boyfriend thought we'd enjoy this restaurant and they were right. We arrived around 6pm and were immediately offered a table by the window. It was a perfect nook for the four of us. There were fresh flowers on our table and very colorful flowers lining the window box along the outside. My daughter needs to eat gluten free and there were many options. She had a very generous and well presented margherita pizza. She had gluten free chips with our artichoke appetizer and the rest of us had very tasty chewy bread that was refilled when our entrees arrived. I had the pasta primavera with a good red sauce and plenty of fresh crispy vegetables, especially zucchini. My sister and my daughter's boyfriend enjoyed their risotto. Our service was EXCELLENT throughout our meal. I passed on dessert but they offer a wide variety and the three that the others had were delicious. I was impressed by the size of my daughter's slice of flourless chocolate cake. It was served with a refreshing scoop of raspberry sorbet. The ambience had that just right blend of funkiness and refinement. I am anxious to return to this establishment with other friends on a crisp Autumn evening.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We arrived during the tail end of a street party for a bite to eat. Friendly greeting at the door, no reservation early on Saturday night, seated immediately. The restaurant is clean and smells great when you walk in. With chefs creating in front of you, it's fun to see all the different dishes being made. We ordered beverages and they were tasty and delivered promptly. Our server went over the daily specials. Husband ordered pasta special that had a kick to it,
I ordered the lobster ravioli. Large bowl of lovely pockets of heaven with a rich cream sauce with shaved parmesan cheese on top.
Great ending to a fun day.

1  Thank FastGirl39
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Met friends at Centro on Tuesday night at 6 PM. Walked pass a number of people who were eating at tables out front. Sat at a table and had a wonderful meal, a few local brews, and a nice glass of wine. Staff were very friendly, and allowed us to chat for a while before ordering. It felt upscale and trendy until we got the bill. It was very inexpensive. Moved to an outside table that opened up and had another glass of wine. Riverwest is a thriving community and this restaurant is a great place to get a taste of that, too. Recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Greg P