“How To Spend a Saturday evening in Riverwest”
Review of Centro Cafe

Centro Cafe
Ranked #105 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Hartland, WI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How To Spend a Saturday evening in Riverwest”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My sister flew in from Atlanta early Saturday evening. My daughter and boyfriend thought we'd enjoy this restaurant and they were right. We arrived around 6pm and were immediately offered a table by the window. It was a perfect nook for the four of us. There were fresh flowers on our table and very colorful flowers lining the window box along the outside. My daughter needs to eat gluten free and there were many options. She had a very generous and well presented margherita pizza. She had gluten free chips with our artichoke appetizer and the rest of us had very tasty chewy bread that was refilled when our entrees arrived. I had the pasta primavera with a good red sauce and plenty of fresh crispy vegetables, especially zucchini. My sister and my daughter's boyfriend enjoyed their risotto. Our service was EXCELLENT throughout our meal. I passed on dessert but they offer a wide variety and the three that the others had were delicious. I was impressed by the size of my daughter's slice of flourless chocolate cake. It was served with a refreshing scoop of raspberry sorbet. The ambience had that just right blend of funkiness and refinement. I am anxious to return to this establishment with other friends on a crisp Autumn evening.

• Visited August 2013

Wisconsin
“Cozy Spot for Pasta”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We arrived during the tail end of a street party for a bite to eat. Friendly greeting at the door, no reservation early on Saturday night, seated immediately. The restaurant is clean and smells great when you walk in. With chefs creating in front of you, it's fun to see all the different dishes being made. We ordered beverages and they were tasty and delivered promptly. Our server went over the daily specials. Husband ordered pasta special that had a kick to it,
I ordered the lobster ravioli. Large bowl of lovely pockets of heaven with a rich cream sauce with shaved parmesan cheese on top.
Great ending to a fun day.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank FastGirl39
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Wonderful night.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Met friends at Centro on Tuesday night at 6 PM. Walked pass a number of people who were eating at tables out front. Sat at a table and had a wonderful meal, a few local brews, and a nice glass of wine. Staff were very friendly, and allowed us to chat for a while before ordering. It felt upscale and trendy until we got the bill. It was very inexpensive. Moved to an outside table that opened up and had another glass of wine. Riverwest is a thriving community and this restaurant is a great place to get a taste of that, too. Recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Greg P
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great little pasta place”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Centro Cafe is quite a find.
Good, creative pasta dishes. Reasonable prices for very decent portions. Creative combinations. We did note that some of the pastas were on the spicy side (and kind of salty), so just be aware.
The bruchetta was probably the best we've ever had. A great appetizer.

• Visited April 2013
Whitefish Bay
“Good food, friendly service and a bargain price”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Centro Cafe a couple of times, and were pleased both times. Salads are nice, and the pasta is quite fine. On our last visit, the prosciutto wrapping asparagus was a bit too salty -- but that's a minor point. Foodies will enjoy this place and everyone will enjoy the prices.

• Visited January 2013