“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Clearwater, Florida
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Granted... there were initially a couple of problems with the room (fridge needed to have rest button pressed which i figured out on my own; TV remote needed to be replaced, not just new batteries that I ran down to get myself... then again to get the new remote... TV could NOT be used w/o it) but staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. Pool was clean and a really nice touch for such an inexpensive place to stay. Internet was slow but... oh well. Great deal for the price and crazy close to nice places to eat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I arrived at Milwaukee in a huge storm. At check-in the clerk was helpful and gave me a room which was adequate, although I thought it needed a little care and attention. Fortunately the rooms were accessed by a central corridor so I didn't get too wet.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the airport, but there is no noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The motel was clean. There was hot water. It was convenient to the airport. It was convenient to downtown and any major attraction I wanted to visit. Internet access would have been nice, but not a deal breaker. There is a Denny's about 300 yards away that does have access. I received everything I expected, and I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank willis75
St. Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at the Motel 6 Milwaukee South Airport to attend a convention the weekend of June 19-22. We checked in on Thursday night and found the room had no door on the bathroom. We were tired, so went to bed and decided to deal with it on Friday. Friday, we went to the office to ask about the bathroom door and was told by the housekeeper that no, there is no bathroom door for that room. No effort was made to locate one or even apologize. Because of the convention, there were no other available rooms. The cord to the airconditioner was held together by electrical tape and, therefore, it did not work consistently. We had to jiggle the cord at times. The toilet tank was leaking, so there were puddles on the bathroom floor. The motel employee's had no solutions and none of these prblems were addressed or repaired. DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CapPalm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The pillows,not the pillow case,were so dirty u could see the stains thru the pillow case , I threw then on the floor didn't even want to touch them .The room had an awful smell something between mold and pee that gave me a headache.The carpet in the hallways were so dirty made me wonder if they had animals urinating in there ....

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Vaso S
Roseville, Minnesota, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have stayed at this place before and wasn't expecting much. The price was in the $40 range.

No strange characters hanging around. Room was clean. TV worked.

The problem was the beds. Both of them had damaged springs through the center of them like the beds were once folded in half and jumped on. One of them essentially had a pothole in it. Had to use just one side of the bed.

I don't need a bed upgrade. Nothing special. Just a bed with all the springs in it. If I hadn't gotten there so late, I would have asked for a change in rooms, but if memory serves correct, when I stayed here a few years ago there were also bed spring problems. I didn't have an interest trying out a half dozen rooms to get one that somewhat acceptable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PoliticalTraveler
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear PoliticalTraveler - We thank you for recognizing our clean rooms; however, we sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had during your recent stay. The condition of the bed you described is not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Wenatchee, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights and I had no troubles, but I realized I got what I payed for: not the best cleanliness, VERY noisy heater fan, no breakfast.
The staff has been really helpful though.
The location is very good if you need a quick connection to the airport or the Amtrak station, but definitely is not convenient to reach downtown Milwaukee (both the only two buses available pass every 45 minutes!)

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stefanobtrip
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Stefanobtrip, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.