New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Motel 6 Milwaukee South - Airport
Ranked #53 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

You have to pay $21 more for a fridge and microwave . they only clean your room twice if you stay a week or more
I'll never come here again
Housekeeping is rude and the manager dose not train the staff correctly .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank lajoune

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The room was fairly clean and the rates were extremely cheap but totally not worth it. The bed was so uncomfortable that I actually woke up with my knee hurting, keep in mind I'm 23 with no knee problems. There was not even a chair for the table in the room. The TV is tiny and you could hear everything going on outside and in the rooms next to me. The best thing I could say about the place is that I didn't see any bugs. I travel for my job and use travel advisor alot and will be writing reviews fairly. My partner from the company I work for said his bed was ok. But I think after 12 years of being on the road, he is more used to sleeping on crappy beds in cheap hotels.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank shadowkavu
Racine, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed one night at this location in October 2012. I was awakened at 2 am by the strong odor of cigarette smoke. I went to the front desk where I was told that despite Wisconsin law prohibiting smoking in hotels, the desk clerk allowed it. When I protested, this 70-yr-old great grandmother was thrown out at 2:30 am in 45 degree weather, barefoot and in my night clothes. I called the police from 3 blocks away who told me the desk clerk alleged I was creating a disturbance and I must leave. The Manager said he backed his employee complete. If you like cigarette smoke, this is the place for you. If not, give it a WIDE miss. I am now on their "Do not rent to" list.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Piper87123
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Seeing a lot of bad reviews for Motel 6 gives one pause. But recently when I was forced to stay at one due to a convention resulting in "all rooms in town booked", I was very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and newly redecorated quality of the room and bathroom. So I decided to try Motel 6 again by choice.

While this location was not as "stellar" as the previous, it was not far from it. The mattress could have been better.

And at the price? Nobody comes close to the value. I will definitely plan to look for Motel 6 again, and hope that I do not run into a case similar to the badly reviewed places.

One final tip: I always call the location to talk to someone at the front desk, to see if I can gather from their attitude and responses whether it might be one of the "do not stay here" places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff S
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Um let's see the lady at the front desk was rude !!!!! Every time I asked her a question she have me attitude I gave her my I D to check in n it took 20. Min after I signed everything got my room she slaps my ID down and says ur not 21 wow how rude she could of said it nicley and told me befor checking me in !!!! Im glad I wasn't 21 just stepping in the door u have to go through tons of doors and then it smells horrible at that !! I will be calling her manager or the corporation !!! And they need a building inspector !

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Austincc
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed overnight due to flight cancellation at MKE. Room phone rang at 3AM - was asked if I would like his massage now...could have been a prank call...or the front desk alerted a service that a single male had checked in...hung up and pulled the plug on the phone. Shortly thereafter heard commotion in the hallway.

Door had big crack in it - could see out into the hallway. The bedspread was covered with cigarette burns. Contemplated going out to the car to get the two sheets we use for our dog in the back of the car.

This place was BAD!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank dogged
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed / lived at the Motel 6 Milwaukee Airport for a month while training and relocating for a new job in the Milwaukee area. My work as an over the road truck driver gives me the first hand experience of staying at many value motels including many in the Motel 6 brand.

Remember folks, you get what you pay for. If you had a reservation across the street at the Best Western but the hotel was full and you ended up staying at the Motel 6, can you honestly expect it to be even close to the same?

Pros: Indoor coordiors, well lit / good security, convenient to many restaurants and the airport, clean rooms (usually where Motel 6 as a whole struggles) decent Television channel selection, god value.

Cons: Bed squishy (personally I don't like a firm mattress anyways) drug activity in the area (but not in the hotel itself) bathrooms only have a shower stall and no tub, front desk staff is FLUENT in English and the hotel in general appears to be well managed.

I would give this Motel 6 an 8 out of 10 on the Motel 6 scale, and a 7 out of 10 on the grand scheme.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, this entire hotel is non smoking. Ask for a room on the first floor near an ext...