“Love it!!!”

Mr. Sebass
Cuisines: Peruvian
“Love it!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Mr. Sebass has been a favorite spot of ours for the last couple of years. I'm from Peru and for my family and I being able to have a local place where we can taste all the amazing flavors of my beautiful country it is amazing. The new owners are a wonderful couple who make you feel welcome and the food it's just like my grandma's cooking. I will recommend everyone to try it once you do, you will always go back.

• Visited September 2013

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've had the pleasure of visiting Mr. Sebass (a Peruvian restaurant on Milwaukee's South Side) on two occasions, and both times, I've had amazing entrees. While the restaurant is modest and understated, don't let the location or the furnishings dissuade you. The owner is charming and the food is delicious. There is so much more to Latin cuisine than Mexican and Cuban. Try Mr. Sebass, it won't disappoint. Lomo saltado, Steak and French fries like you've never had it, so good.

• Visited June 2013
Kiel, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mr. Sebass is a terrific place to eat.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went to lunch here with two other friends. We had heard it had great Peruvian food and
we were not disappointed. We started with the Chicha Morada, which has a hint of sweet spice, it was great. We then ordered Lomo Saltado, Bistec a Lo Pobre, Carapulcra, Papa a La Huancaina and Arroz Chaufa. We all three sampled each others plates and we felt all of the food was outstanding. The flavors of each item were amazing.
Chef Juan was terrific he took the time to explain each dish and how they were made and even some of the culture of Peru. This restaurant is well worth visiting you won't be disappointed.
Thank you Chef Juan for a great experience!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Glenda M
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Outstanding Peruvian Food”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had lunch and was like eating in a traditional Peruvian home. Food was fantastic and full of flavor. Entire staff treated us like family. Well worth the price. This is a hidden gems.

Visited November 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fantastic food - great and lively place - wonderful hosts”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I went to dinner here tonight! What a wonderful surprise! We'd been to another Peruvian place in town and we noticed this place driving on National Ave. We began the dinner with a very unique drink: Chicha. It's based on corn but it has a sweet taste with a hint of cloves...great! We then tried deepfried Yucca with a wonderful egg dipping sauce. Followed that with a pasta dish with Basil and I had a beef and seco and frijoles. Everything was cooked very well (by the owner's dad!) and then the owner came over and we had a nice chat...great service and we'll definitely be back!
Thanks Sebastian!