“We left with warm hearts and full tummies.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr. Sebass - CLOSED

Mr. Sebass
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Milwaukee, WI
“We left with warm hearts and full tummies.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

This relatively new establishment is now Milwaukee's only Peruvian restaurant. The owner, Sebastian, is personable and takes pride in his father's cooking. I had the Fettuccine Verde - noodles with a sweet Peruvian basil pesto sauce - and it was outstanding. My husband had beef, seco style, and he was very happy.

This is a happy place! The decor is basic, nothing fancy. Go for the food and you won't be disappointed. Next time, we'll try the ceviche.

• Visited February 2012

South Milwaukee, WI
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My family and I went to Mr. Sebass on January 4. The food is authentic and very good. We had a good disussion with the owner about the business and how he makes and obtains the spices that make Peruvian food so very good. We all had different dishes and all were tasty. For those that do not like to experiment with foreign food you should enjoy Peruvian fair. While it is different it still has it's base in beef, chicken, pork, seafood, rice and potatoes. The difference is in the spice. Service was excellent and the restaurant is comfortable. Price is a bargain. Try it!

• Visited January 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great, authentic, flavorful, Peruvian fare!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I've never had Peruvian fare before, so when I heard that Milwaukee had a new restaurant with authentic Peruvian cuisine, I had to check it out!

What a great find! It was a lot of fun to try some new dishes and flavors and be impressed with all of them. Very affordable with hearty portions. The service was friendly and helpful--we were offered some great recommendations. The decor is very simple and casual but don't be fooled: The food is exceptional! The restaurant opened only 1-2 months ago so I'll be telling everyone I know to check it out!

• Visited November 2011