“Best local hot spot!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Best local hot spot!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This bar is definitely a local favorite! It makes me feel like I'm walking into 'Cheers- where everybody knows your name'. The entire staff is incredibly friendly, it's a laid back vibe, fun atmosphere! The food definitely isn't your typical greasy bar food. They have options for everyone!

From the famous pedal tavern to playing bags out on the patio, this is a place you don't want to pass up!

• Visited September 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, reasonable prices, even better service”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I'd have given this place a 5/Excellent had the food been hot (vs room temperature), but that was no fault of the server.

Good, solid, well prepared food at really good prices. Not typical bar food, in my opinion. I had a tuna melt with garlic mashed potatoes (nice to have that option instead of fries once in a while). Tuna was fresh/not fishy, and had a good flavor. My friend had the Shepherd's Pie; I tried it as well and we both loved it. It wasn't hot - but the flavor was amazing. It was also made with shredded beef instead of ground beef - and that made it even better. A really well done dish, and I'd definitely order it again.

The server was awesome, and I felt the tap beer selection was pretty solid (although I'm not a huge beer drinker, so I can't say for sure).

The server made up for our less-than-hot food with 2 free drinks, and she was very attentive but in a very casual way. I'm definitely going back here. I haven't been since it was Slim's - and I'm going to be a regular customer.

• Visited February 2012