“Interesting and tasty”

The Rumpus Room - A Bartolotta Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rumpus Room - A Bartolotta Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,540 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State Street
Description: The Rumpus Room is a European style gastro pub in downtown Milwaukee that combines adventurous but approachable, comforting food and one of the best craft beer and cocktail programs in the city. The Rumpus Room offers a laid-back casual dining experience and features a spacious bar, an intimate dining room, a charcuterie area and a separate private event space. The menu emphasizes local, sustainable ingredients whenever possible, and the bar offers more than 20 beers on tap and more than 100 in bottles, plus a craft cocktail menu that changes with the seasons. One of the best restaurants in Milwaukee's lively downtown entertainment district, Rumpus Room frequently welcomes theater-goers before or after a performance at the nearby Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This gastro pub is fairly meat heavy, and is probably better as a launching point for drinks/starters or a late night snack. The pretzel (and cheese mustard) were great, the range of charcuturie interesting (the bacon jam was tasty, of a bit much to split for just two people). Our table also tried the duck crepes and gnocchi -- both great -- but most liked the smores themed dessert.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

good quality meat and cheese but still, meat and cheese. Good atmoshere and location. Quality food...even the bacon jam!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having been here once for dinner, I came back for lunch. The craft cocktails were served in somewhat small glasses, but were of very high quality. My server made a nice recommendation on my second one. Prices were on par per ounce with the drinks I had at the Hilton Hotel lobby bar and Milwaukee Chophouse.

I had a nice octopus salad with fried garbanzo beans and a variety of finely chopped greens and vegetables. Having asked for a recommendation on the house made charcuterie, I tried an excellent chicken pâté for only $4. Served with disks of bread and a nice house mustard, the quantity really surprised me for the price, relative to the rest of the menu.

This was not an unmatchable performance, but it was certainly good enough to earn return trips. I would certainly consider it before a game at the Bradley Center, which is walking distance.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Visited while on vacation with wife last month.Beautiful interior decor,including bar area.We sat at bar,very large beer,wine and cocktail list.We each had a pint of beer and I also had a single malt scotch.The service was excellent,college type crowd,a little pricey, but I would come back again.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food and service was very good. They seasoned everything nicely. We were abled to offer some delicious options for my gluten free needs. Our server was friendly. We got our food fast.
Try the corned beef tongue. My partner had the lamb chops and they were done as he ordered.
I had the pork shoulder and it was so flavorful and tender, and naturally gluten free. They were also abled to alter the bone marrow appetizer to make it gluten free. So yummy.