“Great meal, great location ”

Cafe Benelux & Market
Ranked #44 of 1,597 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We found this place after visiting the public market and it was amazing.
It was a beautiful night and sitting and relaxing on the upper patio could not be beat. The beer menu is a novel so if you can't find something you like, it's on you.
Great food and great ambience.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

When it opened, Cafe Benelux was a great addition to Milwaukee's Third Ward. It's the perfect spot to sit and schmooze with friends -- especially the rooftop dining area. I have visited Benelux many times and have never had a bad time, but I also have never had great food. I'm not a picky eater, but I always struggle to find something to order on this fairly odd menu. Its heritage may draw from the Benelux countries, but I've been to that part of Europe and the menu doesn't reflect the best of the region. So go for the atmosphere and on a sunny summer day, bask in the rooftop bliss. But have a snack before you go because the quirky menu and the odd dishes likely won't satisfy your hunger.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Best roof top restaurant and bar on Milwaukee! Excellent food, and a very extension German Beer menu. Fun place to go with co-workers, friends and family! I highly recommend this restaurant and roof top bar!

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Overlooking the Market area. Very busy most of the time. We just appetizer and drinks. Watched the people walking in the downtown area. We sat rooftop and had good views. Great beer selections

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I'm from out of town, this was my second visit in 7 years. The location is great, especially when events are going on downtown. There's a second floor outdoor patio with great seating. There are community style tables so our party of 6 was set next to a party of 2 that we did not know. that worked out fine.

The food. I don't recall what the food was like 7 years ago but I was so disappointed this time. The prices seemed decent and the brunch appetizer beignets tasted good! But then our food came, the Americana I ordered was lacking. The thick cut bacon the menu boasts about for several dishes was super thin! (see photo) The sourdough bread was super tiny and the potatoes seemed undone. My friend ordered a BELT+A and it was on the same sourdough I had, and her sandwich was super tiny. We left somewhat hungry.
I'd recommend this for location but not for food.