Courtyard Milwaukee Airport
  • Breakfast included
$279
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$84
$202
$187
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$194
All reviewsfire pittypical courtyardcourtyard marriottmilwaukee airportsmall poolbathroom floorstayed here for one nightrental carupon checkvery nice staybed was comfortablewould stay againpropertystarbucksshuttlelobbymarriotts
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed for the July 4th weekend as we were attending a wedding shower. The hotel sits just off the street and very close to the airport. We were able to locate it with no problem and there are plenty of restaurant options around for those who are hungry. Upon entering, the hotel is beautiful. Very modern and has everything you could possibly need. There is a "market" adjacent to the check-in with all of those things you may crave or have forgotten. Perfect. And the $$ for those items was not out of line. The staff was awesome. There were a few of us staying there and arriving at different times, so we wanted to be sure that we all were on the same floor and they made sure that was possible. Also, we had our gifts shipped to a friend in the area, who then dropped them off with the hotel before we arrived. They safeguarded them for us and were so helpful all the way around. It was a hectic shower and when we returned we went to dinner. The staff assured us that we could have a fire when we returned. It (the fire) was really nice. The patio and firepit are beautiful. Music is piped in and we were all able to catch up. This hotel, with its layout, amenities and staff would be a great family reunion type place! The whole downstairs was spotless and beautiful. The room was very new and also very clean; did not smell bad :) as we all know that some hotels, while they say NO SMOKING, the guests don't listen and ruin it for future guests :(...but not the case in this hotel. All fresh and nice. Beautiful décor, almost "homey" in color palette. Made one feel very welcome. Never tried the hotel evening bar as it was closed when we were finally back, but having Starbucks brewed coffee in the lobby was a plus as I am not a fan of in-room coffee. Props to Marriot for providing the brew directly into the cup Cuisinart coffee makers in the room tho! Awesome and also very clean! Had we had better quality coffee, this would have worked out well, but it is irrelevant as the hotel lobby coffee was sooo good and just an elevator ride away! :) Pool, hot tub, great fitness with MORE THAN ONE TREADMILL. This is greatly appreciated. Again all clean. We will stay again. From top to bottom a great experience!

Room Tip: Go with the top floor away from the elevators for a quieter night. Due to the hotel being set away off of the main road, either side of the hallway will be equally quiet, but personally I would prefer the rooms facing the parking lot as the fire-pit area could potentially be loud. It was not for us, but you never know.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ShihTzuparents
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Milwaukee Airport was enjoyable.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I haven't stayed at Courtyard hotels in ages, but was pleasantly surprised with my one night business stay at this property. I had a morning flight out of Milwaukee, and this was a very convenient and quite comfortable place to stay the night prior to my flight.

I was warmly greeted at checkin, and the very nice man explained the facilities, hours of services, etc. My king bedded room was very well designed and furnished, with modern decor, and colors. The arrangement of the bed and furniture maximized the space of the room, and gave it a very spacious feel. The wireless internet was complimentary, and there was a refrigerator and coffee maker provided, along with a large tv and lots of channels.

Little things, but important to the business traveler, are the location of power outlets by desks, chairs etc, and there were plenty, and located well. The sofa was large, and had flat armrests on either side, perfect for holding a drink, paperwork, etc. Really a great designed room!

didn't use the fitness center or pool as I,was only there one night, but both looked very nice, as was the lobby breakfast/snack/bar area.

The room was quiet, slept great, and the bathroom was large, with good shower pressure.

Very nice and friendly property!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Like2cruz

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the Marriot Milwaukee Airport when we went to the Summerfest because we couldn’t get a room at any of the downtown hotels.
For the price, this place is very nice. It is quite clean and tastefully decorated. Even though I wasn’t flying anywhere, I was impressed with the easily accessible computer terminals for printing boarding passes.
We were able to get a cab to Summerfest for $20 through a private limo driver the hotel has an arrangement with. He was supposed to pick us up when we called to come back, but that didn’t work out so we ended up getting a regular taxi cab on the way back. That price was about $28.00 with tip. There were several other options available to get to and from Summerfest, but that worked fine for us.
We were a little disappointed not to have complimentary fresh coffee available in the lobby like most hotels provide. There was a Starbuck’s, though, so that was fine. Like another reviewer mentioned, that Starbuck’s does not accept gift cards or rewards cards for some reason.
Maybe it’s the new trend, but I really don’t care for the way the lobby front desk is set up with just two little counters. When we checked in (early – at 12:30, which was great) one woman was juggling people between both of them and also had to check out the Starbuck’s customers because their cash register was broken. I thought that was kind of strange and unprofessional, since this one young woman couldn’t really take the time to accommodate the people who were trying to check-in. We were just handed our keys and sent on our way.
I felt the front desk service left something to be desired. Eventually, a couple more people showed up to help out, but the atmosphere felt rushed and disorganized. However; I must say, the check-in was very quick and efficient. I just like the feeling of hotel personnel focusing on me as a guest for a few minutes when I get there.

One other thing: our room was at the back of the hotel, above the firepit. I always wear earplugs because I am sound-sensitive. I did not hear anything from the people outside by the fire. However; I was just dozing off when a huge tour bus pulled into the back area and the noise from the idling engine for 15 minutes was very annoying.

All in all, I would recommend staying here. It’s much cheaper than the downtown hotels and only 10-15 minutes away from the lakefront festivals.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SMac848
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We do close the official Bistro in the morning so around 12:30 when the desk was shuffling the payments it was due to the cash register being closed but not broken.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have traveled around the world many times and this was one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. The facilities are new and thus nice but the level of service and attention to guest needs is appalling. When we checked in the desk clerk was talking to some intoxicated I assume wedding quests and made the comment that she would rather be partying with them. That evening our room was on the back side of the hotel and a number of people were outside by the "fire pit" area drinking, making noise, and with inappropriate language. At 10 PM I called the desk and was told that they would take care of the noise. At 11 PM I called again and was told they were sorry. At mid-night the noise continued. I sent an email the next week to the manager of the hotel expressing my concerns and disappointment and never heard a word back. Unbelievable. We later contacted the hotel because my wife thought that she left her jacket in the closet and was told that the manager would get back to us. Once again never heard a word. If the manager of the facility does not take notice, why would one expect their employees to be guest focused.

Nice place, but poorly managed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom M
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family and I spent 3 nights here. Very up to date, nice property. Rooms were nice, patio area with fire pit was nice. Pool is on the small side for the kids but it did the trick. Starbucks in the lobby for a wake up. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
daryl j, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.Glad you like the Starbuscks coffee.