WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Milwaukee Airport

Courtyard Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Dallas, TX
“Brand new and excellent addition to Milwaukee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We had the chance to stay at this Marriott Courtyard on a business trip last week. We would stay again in a heartbeat! The well lit and adorned rooms are well designed and brand new. The new customer friendly lobby is a great spot to meet friends or grab a WSJ. The staffing is pretty bare, but acceptable. This property is recommended without hesitation!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank World_Hiker_Dallas
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport for your recent trip to the Milwaukee area. Your kind comments are much appreciated and will be shared with our entire staff.

Clint Wills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This appears to be a newer property in the current "chichi" mode I'm seeing a Marriott Courtyards. Rather than a continuous check-in counters, they have smaller "work pods" for reception and much of the public area is a bistro-style food court with plenty of lounge area.

The good: within 1 1/2 miles of Milwaukee airport (MKE), clean rooms and public areas, free parking and shuttle service, friendly service, comfortable room and amenities. As an interesting note, it was minus 5 degrees F (- 20C) the night I stayed and the room was comfortable, although the unit was just a tad noisy.

The not-so-good: really nothing bad to say here. As a business traveler, it met all my expectations, which is why I usually stay at Marriotts. There isn't too much in the area if you're looking for upscale restaurants, which is what you get if you want to be near the airport.

Bottom line: this hotel fulfills what we've come to expect in newer Courtyards.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank JKHuddy
Hello:

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide our hotel with feedback regarding your January stay. Our property was built and opened on December 14th, 2011 and are complete with the new Courtyard Refreshing Business offerings.

The next time you are in town if you are looking for more up-scale restaurants please consult our front desk staff. We also have an extensive list on our GoBoard which is an interactive television screen in our lobby that provides our guests with restaurant choices, driving directions, news stories, weather and more!

Beaver Island, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

While on business just prior to the Christmas weekend, had checked out from here after a nice overnight stay that the Staff stood out with genuine, kind, and professionally friendly hospitality. Room as clean and bathroom was tip-top shape. Even the furnace filter was cleaned which can be a rarity in some other hotels in this class. Well, blizzard Drago blew in after I checked out in the morning and as I attempted to fly out of Mitchell in the late afternoon, all flights ended up cancelled. I contacted the hotel to see if they had availability under the storm circumstances, and to my surprise, was greeted by name (Desk Manager recognized my voice ... or bad jokes) and assured me a room would be held until the hotel shuttle could get me back to the property from the terminal. Upon entry back to the hotel lobby, my colleague and I were greeted with brite smiles, warm greetings, and handed room keys as we signed in - all of 20 seconds door to elevator. This level of personal concern and professionalism helped make a bad situation better in the true meaning of the Holiday celebration. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Da_YguY
Hello:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport. I was very happy to see your kind comments about your December stay at our hotel. We truly value the feedback that our guests provide us and I will be sure to share yours with our entire staff.

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here before flying out of Mitchell and once again the stay was fantastic. The room was nice and clean, spacious and comfortable to relax in before our flight. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with travel supplies so we took advantage of that as well. We love staying here with its proximity to the airport and plan to stay here every time we fly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jenny J
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your last two trips to the Milwaukee Airport. I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stays so much and we look forward to greeting you again the next time you are in the Milwaukee Area.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My girfriend and I chose this hotel for a weekend wedding trip to milwuakee because we had points for one free night. Upon check-in the front desk agent pulled up our reservation and was not aware that I was using points for one of the two nights. We went back and forth until I pulled out my phone and showed him the points on my confirmation e-mail. It was frustrating because he did not act concerned at all or apologize for HIS mistake. I work at the front desk of a hotel and I like to evaluate the hotel staff and I was not impresed with this particular employee. The housekeeping staff however was very helpful and friendly. The hotel and our room looked new and clean.When we got to our room my girlfriend, who is a housekeeper, noticed a couple thin hairs on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet. The hairs in the bathroom were the only negative thing she found and she knows what to look for. We really enjoyed the hottub, the pool was quite small, and the workout room is a nice touch and has treadmils and free weights. Another negative would be the breakfast set up. The bistro is expensive and our service was poor. It took so long for my girlfriend's breakfast order to come up that I finished my plate before she got hers. I had to go up and remind them that my girlfriend had not received hers and when they brought it out to us they forgot her smoothie too. ADVICE- DRIVE DOWN THE STREET TO DUNCAN DOUGHNUTS. Overall I would stay here again. After the bad first impression it was hard to get the sour taste out of my mouth but I liked my expirience overall.,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank xiovelrahc
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Its honest feedback such as yours that we use as both a training tool for our staff and a way to praise them.

I was very happy to see that you rated our hotel 4 out of 5 stars in your review. I apologize for the confusion that occured at the front desk regarding your reservation. I apologize that you felt the Bistro was an expensive breakfast option. We have actually just decided to activate a new menu item called the morning meal deal on the weekends. This will feature an orange juice and a breakfast sandwich for only around $5.50.

I would also like to apologize for the service you had to endure at the Bistro that morning. I can tell you that we saw a lack of service from that one particular employee and he is no longer with our hotel.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport. We look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in the Milwaukee area.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a meeting in downtown Milwaukee but stayed at the Courtyard out by the airport. Retrieved my bags and called hotel for a driver to pick me up. I was informed it would be a couple of hours but to go to a local transportation service and they would take me to the hotel at no charge. The person at the local transportation company was a total jerk. I asked how long before the next van and she said maybe 30 or 60 minutes not really sure. Caught a cab for 10 dollars and at the hotel in about four minutes. I was steaming.

Went to the front desk. The person already had my room key ready with water and a snack. I told her about the local transportation company and she said that she would pay for the cab ride and offered my a free drink in the bar.

The speed of her actions and her attitude really disfused the situation. Declined the cab ride. It was not the hotel's fault. You could tell she was intent on correcting the situation.

This is GREAT Service...stay again...you bet...upon check out the same person was there and asked all of the questions...sleep well, etc, etc...seemed sincere and told me that they were checking with the transportation company on why it was taking so long....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank soddycreek
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I was very concerned when I heard about the lack of courtesy provided to you by a third party transportation service. I want to assure you that we have indeed spoken to that company and were assured that it will not happen again. We rarely use a third party company however when you arrived unfortunately we were on a previously contracted shuttle run.

I'm very glad that our staff was able to diffuse the situation and provide you with exceptional customer service during your stay. I will also make certain to share your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel with our housekeeping staff.

We are currently ranked #1 according to random guest surveys from our guests in regards to cleanliness of rooms out of all 831 Courtyard by Marriotts.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

DeForest, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent a weekend at Marriot Milw Airport and enjoyed the property. It is a few blocks from the airport and close to a lot of fast food and local establishments. The hotel itself is very up scale, comfortable and reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Poppa96
Hello:

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport. I will make sure to share your kind comments with our entire staff. We look forward to accommodating you the next time you are in the Milwaukee Area.

Clint Wills
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#22 of 54 in Milwaukee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport

Been to Courtyard Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!