New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Milwaukee Airport

Courtyard Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #39 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Cleveland, Ohio
“Mostly good hotel stay, but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a Courtyard that changed the restaurant area, adding a counter to make food purchases. They bring out your hot entrée when it is ready. No problem with the concept, but I was put off by paying in advance and being presented with a ticket that had a place to enter a gratuity before calculating the total. I usually don't tip at a fast food bar but gave them the benefit of the doubt and added fifteen percent, in anticipation of good service. I carried my coffee to a table. A few minutes later a staff person placed my hot breakfast sandwich in front of me, complete with a small fruit cup. He quickly disappeared. I looked down and noticed that breakfast did not include either a napkin or any utensils. I ate the sandwich by hand and used my fingers for the fruit cup, then found my own napkin. Upon checkout when I expressed my concern about the lack of service, the desk clerk suggested that I post my complaint here. Very strange for sure. They also need to have a sign warning that they serve only Starbucks. Too bad, burned coffee just isn’t my thing either.

Room Tip: If you have a problem don't bother complaining to the hotel staff of asking for a manager who is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Howard B
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I’m very sorry that this was the way in which your minor complaint was handled. This is absolutely not the way in which we train our associates to handle complaints. If there is a guest complaint the front desk is trained to do whatever they can to resolve it while the guest is still on property. If they are unable to resolve the issue in a satisfactory manner with the guest they must alert a manager.

In regards to the issues you experienced at our hotel I would once again like to apologize. The Bistro restaurant and lounge is the new concept for Courtyard by Marriott’s and all will soon be converted to this concept. Marriott has chosen this concept to closely resemble the Panera bread chain concept of fast casual service. The fact that you were not furnished with silverware or even asked if you required anything else when your breakfast selection was delivered is simply unacceptable.

Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and the lack of service you experienced while staying at our hotel. At the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee airport we hold ourselves to the highest standards not only in regards to the level of our product but also the service that we provide to each and every guest. I’m very sorry that we fell short of even our own standards during your stay. I do however want to thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention. Its honest feedback from guests such as yourself that help us get better and further train our associates.

I hope that the next time you are in town you will give the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport another chance as I will ensure you that you will experience much better customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Beautiful, recently renovated Courtyard. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location, minutes from the airport and only 10-12 minutes to downtown Milwaukee. Room was very nice and comfortable and modern!

I'll definitely return next time I'm in MIlwaukee!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Zach G
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for providing your kind comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at your hotel. We are always very pleased when guests comment not just if they had an issue but also if they had a great experience at our hotel.

I will ensure to share your kind comments with all of our associates.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Having stayed at many Courtyards and other Marriott Hotels, we picked this one because of its closeness to the Milwaukee airport. It was adequate as far as accommodations in the room, but seemed to be a bit overpriced. If you don't want the food and drink offerings of the Bistro restaurant and it's hours of being open, then your only choices are the restaurants that would require a car or delivery services. Really out in the middle of nowhere if coming from the north as hotel is difficult to get to due to road construction. Front desk person was very helpful and offered us luggage cart to bring everything inside. Parking is free and lots of it.
Perhaps if not traveling on holiday week, then room price would be a bit more reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gleem
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport.

I was very glad to hear that the front desk staff was helpful and courteous during your stay. At the Courtyard by Marriott we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service.

We do indeed have an on-site restaurant and lounge called the Bistro. The Bistro is a newer concept restaurant for the Courtyard by Marriott brand and is being rolled out to all Courtyard by Marriotts around the country. The Bistro is a fast casual restaurant very similar to a Panera bread.

If one of our guests are looking for a restaurant with different offerings then our Bistro we do have a wide array of restaurants within a three mile radius of the hotel. There is a great steak house called the Packing House just 1 mile down the road from us, a great Italian restaurant Tenutas and many others.

While we would love to welcome each and every guest to our Bistro and lounge we realize that many guests would like the opportunity to experience other local restaurants. The front desk staff along with our signature GoBoard houses many different dining options.

Thank you once again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport. We look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in the Milwaukee area.

Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We needed a quick stop near the airport before heading to see family the next morning. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Totally modernized for a Courtyard. Comfortable. Bar was open when we got there (9:45 pm). Firepit was ablaze outside and we were able to sit, relax and enjoy that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank demlad
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott for your short stay in the Milwaukee airport area. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our Bistro lounge and also our signature fire pit. All new Courtyard by Marriotts have the new Bistro concept and also the fire pit so you are sure to enjoy the same ammenities when traveling elsewhere in the United States.

Thank you so much again for choosing to stay with us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was such a great hotel with great, friendly associates. From the moment we walked in the door, Krista was able to assist us. We arrived at about 10:00am and had three rooms to check in. I had neglected to call the night before to see if the rooms would be available, but to my surprise they were! Not only was Krista able to help change the names on the rooms, change all the rooms to king rooms instead of what they were originally booked under (two queens), but she was also able to keep us all in the same area! Not only did she go above what I had expected, she did it with a smile and while assisting other guests. Top notch service. She even informed us that the breakfast area would be closing shortly, but that the starbucks was always open and that they'd be turning on the fire pit later that evening. This was the only in depth interaction we had with an associate, but even the housekeepers in the hallway were always kind and smiling. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side of the hotel overlook a courtyard area with a firepit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Megan R
Hello:

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to check-in to your rooms early. We always do our very best to check guests in early before standard check-in time whenever the rooms are available.

Its also great to hear that everyone you encountered was very friendly especially Krista at the front desk. She is definetely one of our shining stars at the front desk. I will ensure to share all of your kind comments with our entire staff.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Plenty parking, very clean, new, modern. Beds were very comfortable and clean, The hotel was great but the indoor pool is VERY small, more like an oversized bathtub and the area around the pool is very slippery! Be sure that you or your children DO NOT stand on the sides of the pool on the white edges, you will fall, my daughter and nephew did twice. Also, if you happen to notice that your room is a connecting room and you are connected to people you don't know.......you will hear them like they are in your room. Luckily the people next to us quieted down quite early. Also, outdoor music heard in our 4th floor room? I think that the outdoor music they play all day/night out in the front of the hotel (maybe mood music) could be heard all night in our room.... not loud enough to keep you up but definitely noticeable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cmonthebanner
Clint W, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Hello:

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott during your recent trip to the Milwaukee area. I would also like to thank you for posting your honest feedback regarding your stay.

I apologize about the outdoor music our front desk staff is instructed to turn the volume down around 10pm so that guest rooms are not bothered by it. I will speak with our associates to ensure that the volume is set to appropriate levels.

Thank you for your kind comments I will make certain to share them with our staff.

columbus, ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Nice, new hotel - just opened in December 2011. Nice size rooms and comfy beds! Not a great view from room window. Decor of hotel very modern. Nice, helpful staff. SUPER small pool - disappointing :(. Despite being close to airport, was very quiet. Area around hotel is run down. Relatively painless drive into Milwaukee. Probably would not stay at this hotel again if we were visiting Milwaukee again - only because it is not close to anything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank familyfuno4
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Its honest feedback such as yours that helps us not only recognize our staffs accomplishments but also improve on our service.

I apologize for the size of our pool area. The Courtyard by Marriott was built to the Marriott prototype which calls for that size of a pool.

The Milwaukee airport area is currently undergoing a rebranding if you will and beautification efforts by a local business group. Because we are located near the airport this side of town tends to be heavily populated by transportation service oriented companies which unfortunately do not spend a lot of time or money on the up-keep of their grounds. Through local efforts by the city of Milwaukee and also the business community we are making headway on improving the appearance of our area as well as attracting a more diverse group of businesses.

Thank you once again for taking the time out of your day to post a review.

Clint Wills
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#22 of 54 in Milwaukee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport

Been to Courtyard Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!