Definitely not a fancy place, but on a sub $100 discount it was worth it for a trip to the university. A lot of people stayed in the hotel for the Brewers' game. Looks somewhat dumpy on the outside and common areas. Rooms were nothing to rave about but do have flat panel TV's. Decent quality Sealy mattress with Pacific Down comforters. Small bathrooms with a single sink.
The positives are the shuttle service that will transport you to/from any location in the downtown metro area and the hotel has wi-fi and USB in the rooms. The restaurant in the hotel across the street is convenient, but a bit pricey for dinner. Found staff to be helpful and pleasant. I wouldn't stay here with young children since it is off the beaten path and has the potential to attract "weekend partiers".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Ambassador Inn in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, caters to business and leisure travelers alike, with well-appointed guest room accommodations, ample amenities, and a complimentary continental breakfast for our guests every morning. A wide range of Milwaukee attractions and venues, including the Bradley Center, home to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, the Frontier Airlines Convention Center, and numerous family-oriented attractions are all a complimentary shuttle ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Ambassador Inn at Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Inn @ Marquette Hotel Milwaukee
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee Wi