“Good Value and Free Parking”

Ambassador Inn at Marquette
Ranked #48 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
San Francisco, California
“Good Value and Free Parking”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I've stayed here several times when I've been on business trips and other hotels were booked or very expensive. The property has improved since my first stays. I stayed for one night in September and it was fine. Room was clean, comfortable and spacious. I love the free parking which makes it an even better value. The best part is their sister property, the Ambassador Hotel, a beautifully renovated art deco hotel, is across the street. The Inn has complimentary breakfast but I never tried it. I go across the street to the cute cafe to get a latte. I had dinner in their bar/lounge and it was fabulous. They have a fantastic menu. They had drink specials, too. So I love that even though the inn is spartan, you can go across the street to enjoy the amenities of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SFCupCake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I booked late for my trip so a lot of good hotels were booked, i figured this one have 3.9 review on hotels.com and for 100 dollars how bad can it be. well very very bad, damp and smelly elevator and hallways, bad room, AC on all night and loud, spots on the carpet and the bed sheets, uncomfortable pillows. And their free breakfast is Cereal only.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank travellotcities

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We booked two rooms for us and another couple for a weekend trip to milwaukee downtown on Expedia. When we tried to check in, they told us that they had overbooked, and that they were paying for us to stay at another hotel. OK, we could live with that, except the hotel was 10 miles away, by the airport, and exactly what we WEREN"T looking for.

In addition. when we were there, there was a homeless lady in the lobby, that started to give my wife a hard time, while the manager on duty and the doorman/security just sat there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank businesstraveler9745
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was nervous to stay here after reading all the reviews, but booked it anyway b/c we needed a fairly cheap hotel for Summerfest and loved the fact that it had the free shuttle. I was soooo happy with my stay!! It was much better than everyone made it sound. Not a bad neighborhood at all, nice rooms, loved that it had a refrigerator, free parking, and aveda bath supplies. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank KatInWI
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here to go to Summerfest, location isn't really central to anything but has close access to buses and the shuttle from across the road is useful.
We booked a two room suite which actually turned out to be one room with two beds and a tiny room next to the bathroom housing only an ironing board, bar fridge and microwave (useful to have). Some construction was taking place during our stay but this was only on the stairs outside. Overall it was an alright budget option but would probably stay closer to the city for the same money. Quiet area. Despite looking fairly dated, the rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2011

There were stains on our comforters, the walls were dirty, the bathroom was dirty, and the shower didn't drain. We told the front desk, they "said" they would send someone up to look at it, however it was not fixed!! The other guests that shared the room with me didn't even shower because it was so gross!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank akb555
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I came with my daughter to Milwaukee as part of a college tour. The hotel is a bargain for the price and the service is particularly good. The rooms are clean, of adequate space and they have complimentary wi-fi. Our special recognition to Sam Schneider, the shutle driver for an outstanding service, great disposition and pleasnt conversation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JRfromPR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Ambassador Hotel
#42 of 56 in Milwaukee
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown

Been to Ambassador Inn at Marquette? Share your experiences!