“Comfortable, convenient, economical” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Michigan
“Comfortable, convenient, economical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

This is a nice place to stay. Sort of typical chain motel, but large rooms with desk, comfortable beds, and the shower worked well. Heat is quiet. Nice breakfast selection with scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and oatmeal in addition to the more usual waffle and continental breakfast items. Has a nice looking pool which we didn't use, and exercise area. Convenient to airport with 24 hr shuttle (but we had our car this trip). Stayed here before anticipated, asndf got, a good experience.

• Liked — Great value for the money
  • Disliked — Nothing to pick on
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mensch18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

The staff was terrific; they are what made our stay above average. We arrived after midnight, after an 8 hour drive, on the last leg of an 8 day trip, with no reservation. We wanted to be near the airport, since we were flying out the next day. The night staff was very accomodating. The next morning, we just missed the breakfast but again the staff was very accomodating, giving us cereal, yogurt, bagels, pastries, juice, and milk -- all of which was being put away when we arrived in the breakfast room. We did not have ask if we could still get something; the staff asked us if we wanted/needed anything. The suite was very clean; furniture could use a bit updating.

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank DCTravelFan100
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

I was staying at the Hilton Milwaukee downtown and checked out early due to many things not working. The only hotel with availabilty was the Country Inn and Suites. It was better than I expected. Everything worked like it should. Staff is nice. Breakfast area does get crowded in the morning. Plenty of parking spaces. I didn't think it was noisy at all.

I do agree that the beds are not comfortable. I'm sure it's because I'm use to staying at a Marriott or Hilton.

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank jken2000
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

Price was great b/c it was free! I am a GPPlus member.

Hotel was clean and staff was very nice. Got stuck with a Handicapped room, but it was no big deal.

Location close enough to downtown, but not close enough. If you plan to take part in one of Milwaukee's great beer halls this is not the hotel for you as a taxi ride is about 25 dollars. As with all other CI and S I stayed at you get free breakfast. It's a HOT BREAKFAST!

Bed was really uncomfortable, that's my only gripe about the room.

• Liked — Free breakfast
  • Disliked — Bed hard as hell
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wanker751
minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

The staff was friendly and the hotel looked nice. However, the beds were horrible. The springs in the bed seemed to be beaten up so bad that it sunk in the middle. I would not stay at this hotel again because I could not get any sleep. Updated mattresses would have made this stay better.

Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

I guess because I made my purchase through Priceline that it was justifiable to provide me substandard service and place me in a smoking room, which I did not request because I am a non-smoker.

For the guests ahead of me checking in, the desk clerk was making sure to ask them about needing access to wireless internet, but when it was my turn I had to ask for it specifically.

I was not given proper directions to my room.

The ice machine on the third floor where I stayed was out of order. The only vending machine on this floor was a microwave popcorn dispenser, for which I did not have a microwave in my room.

Another reviewer complained about the noise level. Honestly, I did not find it to be a problem, and compared to other properties I have visited, it did not seem to be excessive or unacceptable.

The continental breakfast was adequate and satisfactory, considering you usually get fruit, pastries, toast, juice, coffee, and make-it-yourself waffles.

I frequently visit this area, and although I like Country Inn & Suites, I am not tempted to patronize this particular property in the future.

If you choose to stay in this area, we had fantastic food and service from Valentina's Pizza, delivered right to our room.

• Liked — Location near airport
  • Disliked — Substandard service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LSGTA1005
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

I'll start by saying the rooms are nice and the property is well kept. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the free wireless Internet is great.

However... the problem is that this is a party hotel.

The hotel pool is open 24 hours with room key, so there is always at least one group of young adults using the pool into the wee hours of the morning. There are also always numerous groups of adults drinking heavily in the rooms, slamming doors, being loud in the halls and generally being obnoxious.

The last few times I've stayed here I've seen management have to call the Police to evict the aforementioned partyers, but the card key lock into the pool area has been broken for so long now that I doubt most of the pool partyers are even guests!

Now none of this is really anything the management can control easily (though they could fix the pool door lock, if they haven't yet) - but I've always thought this would be more of a relaxing hotel rather than one filled with rambunctious, drunk 21 year-olds, especially on weekend stays.

Perhaps they need to raise their rates or otherwise try and make their property less attractive to the few guests who ruin an otherwise attractive hotel.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled as a couple