“Friendliness and professionalism matter”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #26 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Woodruff, Wisconsin
“Friendliness and professionalism matter”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport 4 times now. Each trip has just been an overnighter to either pick-up or drop off my Marine son at the Milwaukee Airport. The first time I contacted the hotel, I was so impressed by the staff's patience answering my questions and their assistance in helping me book a room, offering a military discount and saying "Thank you" to me and my son for my son's service. I had not expected that. It really meant alot. The location to the airport, cleanliness, and the many restaurants nearby is unbeatable. Each stay was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The staff is very friendly and professional and they make every effort to make the stay relaxing. The breakfast is such an awesome perk--hot and fresh and such variety! Scrambled eggs and sausage, pancakes/waffles, biscuits and gravy, hot and cold cereal, toast/muffins/bagels, fruit, juices/coffee/ milk,....this list could go on. It's so nice to have a good breakfast to send my son off on or for the long trip home on leave. I can't praise the staff enough for their professionalism, cleanliness of rooms, good food, and friendly rapport with their guests. This is my home away from home. What impressed me the most was each time we checked out, the staff said "Thank you for your service" to my son. They remembered why we were there, even for just a night.

Room Tip: Our rooms were always on the second floor towards the front facing the parking lot. We had little if...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meg997
eric6018, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2017
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed. We look forward to your next stay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Somerset, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Came for the weekend with my daughter and grand children to visit my brother. Was a little concerned with airport noise but it wasn't a factor at all. Staff very friendly, accommodating. Good breakfast,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jeff C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Judy,

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor.com. We look forward to your visit when you return to your home away from home, Country Inn and Suites Milwaukee Airport.

Regards,

Jeff Calimlim
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am currently in the midst of a 4 day stay with your Hotel, Country Inn and Suites. When I'm in town I have made this my destination spot to lodge at. The customer service, cleanliness of the rooms and great food easily make this my favorite place to stay.

I want to acknowledge one particular intangible though that even exceeds the already amazing aforementioned amenities.

You have a server and hostess during breakfast named Becky. Her last name escapes me, but I can not help to not comment on how wonderful an experience Breakfast is with her as my attendant. Her warm smile never ceases while tirelessy working to make sure the food is great tasting, plentiful and hot. In fact, recently I was craving a certain item not found in the vast spread already there. Becky overhead my whining wish to a friend and within minutes my wish had come true as the food I desired was placed in front of me.

This then generated a conversation I had with her where I realized how sweet she really is. Her ability to carry on speaking while serving customers where constantly remaining efficient and interested in the many personalities she encounters is second to none.

It has now become the main reason I choose to stay with your franchise, Country Inn and Suites, Becky. Please let her know how wonderfully appreciated she is by me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank adam k
Adam,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor comments. We love to have you back when you are in the area next.

Jeff Calimlim
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Happy for the value, very nice sized king suite room. Friendly staff and good location. I travel a lot and was happy with the value, it could be a bit cleaner but overall a good 7 of 10. They have chocolate chip cookies that made the deal even sweeter.
I was on the back side and there is a trucking terminal behind so light sleepers may not do good here.,the front corner away from road may be good , top floor. The staff gave me a box fan to drown out the noise. Jeff the manager was very polite and helpful.

Stayed September 2013
Milford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our recent stay at the Country Inn and Suites by the airport in Milwaukee was a pleasant surprise. The hotel was clean, staff was very helpful and friendly, our room was very comfortable with new bedding to die for, great pool/jacuzzi and breakfast every morning was just right. I would highly recommend this hotel if in the Milwaukee area for any length of time. :)

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mount Laurel, NJ
Reviewed August 10, 2013

After getting an awesome deal with a Club Carlson Points + Cash offer (5,000 points and about $69 after taxes), we booked a night here while we were visiting the Wisconsin State Fair. We have stayed in many Country Inns before and have always been pleased, including this stay. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and it was very easy to find with GPS directions. It was only about 15 minutes from the state fair and located near the major highway. We did go down for our complementary breakfast. Waffles, English muffins, fruit, yogurt, danish, eggs, ham, and sausage were all available. We are very pleased that we stayed here for our quick state fair trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Attentive service. Functional rooms. Above average workout room and heated, inside swimming pool. Separate breakfast area with a typical breakfast buffet including a hot tray. Convenient to airport; a little removed from the downtown. Reasonable rates with no extra parking charges.

Room Tip: Smell of bacon and eggs in the morning near to the central stair well. First floor by the pool a go...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo