Ambassador Hotel
$119
GardenInn.com
$176
  • Room Service
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$79
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$123
$280
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotwire.com
1,804 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceart decomarquette universitypillow menufree shuttlemiller parkpabst mansionstep back in timemini bardowntown areabeautiful hotelbrewers gameroom was largeparking garagebed was comfortableconcertbrunch
Reviewed April 20, 2010

The Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee is a classic old hotel with modern amenities. The level of service at this hotel is very high. Everyone went out of there way to take good care of us. I think my favorite amenity is the hotel shuttle service. This prevented us from needing a car and saved us a bunch of money on cab fare. Not only will they take you to nearby attractions, but they'll pick you up as well. All of the drivers were great and gave us a lot of good local info. Location wise, it's a little far from the center of downtown, but the shuttle makes that point moot. The area to the immediate west of the hotel is a little shady. I wouldn't venture down that way (towards The Rave and the McDonald's) unless you really need to. It's pretty sketch. My only complaint was one of the bartenders at the hotel bar, Envoy. They offer a lot of classic "old time" drinks, and he didn't seem too enthused about making them. In fact, there was hardly anyone in the bar, yet it took him a good 5 minutes to even acknowledge us when we sat down.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2010

This hotel had great rooms. Close to downtown and the brewery. They offered a free shuttle to downtown until midnight which works well for going out for dinner and drinks or a sporting event. I was down there for the NCAA tournament and they always made sure you got to your game and back in a timely manner. I ate dinner one night and I highly recommend the reuben. One of the best I've had. The rooms were clean, giant LCD TV. Had a lot of charming attributes, such as the early 20th centurty decor in the lobby. They have free wi-fi, and 3 computers in the lobby that connect to the internet that you can use free of charge. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I choose the Ambassador after reading all the great reviews on Tripadvisor but once I was driving there, I made a huge mistake. I normally stay at a pfister or iron horse but the Ambassador had a special. I thought I would save the 15 dollars per night. 1. the hotel location is terrible. They need more security to stop all the homeless and beggers from harassing you. It is right next to Marquette and it is not the good part of town. Far from downtown.
2. the staff is courteous but curt.
3. Rooms are beautiful but freezing. You will have a great view of the parking lot or wisconsin ave. its free 56k wifi, not high speed.
I prepaid for 3 nights but only stayed 1 night. I went straight to another hotel downtown. I told the staff my problems but was told nothing could be done. Thank you Ambassador.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank nycmax2002
AHAdministration, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2010

Thank you for your comments. We value all constructive criticism and ideas. Please know that we have upgraded the complimentary high speed internet access to complimentary "extreme high speed".

Reviewed February 3, 2010

This hotel is beautiful, classic, vintage and a fantastic value! We decided that everytime we go back to Milwaukee (we have family there), we will stay at this hotel. Everything about the hotel says 'clean, well kept, and friendly'. We sat in the bar some nights for just a classic drink, wonderful. We slept so soundly I'd love to find out what mattresses they have. I could go on and on, but really what needs to happen is for you to go see for yourself!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I travel to Milwaukee on busines 3-4 days a week and must stay at the Ambassador as it has become a home away from home. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, the staff is kind of like going to a friends house as a guest, and they go out of their way to be helpful and are always pleasant.

Well appointed, the shuttle downtown is a value as well, 5-star all of the way.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business