“Exceeded expectations...”

Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Twinsburg, Ohio, United States
“Exceeded expectations...”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had traveled to Milwaukee for the first time with my son to visit Marquette University as a college option. I booked The Ambassador based on it's location and price. I was so pleasantly surprised at all the other amenities. First of all, the character of the hotel is great. It's Art-deco decor makes you feel as if it were a different era. The room were spacious, clean and comfortable (we even had a large, light bathroom). The best amenity in my eyes, however, was the efficient shuttle service. Being new to a city it was invaluable! They escorted us to restaurants, Marquette and the Bradley area...wonderful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything was spot on. From our arrival, check-in, staff, shuttle bus, restaurant, lounge! We loved the Art-Deco style, spotless! Classic in every way. Staff was friendly and all information was accurate. Wes the bartender creates fantastic cocktails. The cuisine at the restaurant was well prepared and at an excellent value for the quality. Our compliments to the Chef and staff. All our return trips to Milwaukee will be to the Ambassador! Other values Free parking, Shuttle and Pet friendly. We travel around the world and have found a wonderful place to visit. Please spend at least a full day visiting the lounge and restaurant. It will take you back to a beautiful era. Not to be missed.

Room Tip: King room very spacious, comfortable and tough to leave
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony K
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the moment you enter the courtyard, and check in, it is apparent that this is a class act. The entryway is a courtyard, partially walled off from the street, and all properties (parking garage, parking lot, hotel itself) are all enclosed. Being a female, traveling solo, this was a definite safety feature.
Upon entering the hotel, the Art-deco decor is strikingly beautiful. I ended up taking at least a dozen photos with my cellphone to send to my daughter who has been involved with architecture and design for years.
No skimpy, cramped rooms here. My room had a king-sized bed that was bigger and more luxurious than my king-sized bed at home; the room was bigger than two of my bedrooms at home. Much more comfort than the usual chain hotels. No paper-thin walls either--very quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I love old hotels and prefer them over the typical cookie cutter chains. The Ambassador is a beauty! Wonderfully restored, the hotel holds all the glory of the architectural details of a time gone by. Take a moment to look at the old menus they have in the lobby! The prices will crack you up! Staff was very friendly and free parking /shuttle service are an added bonus! We love Milwaukee and will be back!

Room Tip: While not downtown, great free shuttle service!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Northlake, Illinois
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been going to the Ambassador Hotel for years and have not found a better hotel to stay in accross the country. The staff is wonderful and very very helpful, there is noting they will not do for you. I got sick on one of my stays and had to cancel my shuttle run. When I called and talked to Sam (the shuttle driver) he asked me what was wrong, told him I had gotten sick. Sam called Ryan at the front desk and told him. They knew I was traveling alone so Ryan came up to my room to check on me and make sure I was OK and even brought me a large hot cup of tea. How many hotels do you know that the staff will care that much for thier gues,. not many that I know about. So if your looking for a GREAT PLACE and GREAT SERVICE, believe me you cannot go wrong. They have always made me feel like I was home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight and went to a show downtown. I was so impressed by the shuttle service, free parking and the decor of the hotel. It is absolutely beautiful inside. The property is very Art Deco and they've kept a lot of original details. We had breakfast in the restaurant- it was very good. The room was very small, but you have to expect that in an older property. The staff was fantastic, all around. Our shuttle driver recommended dinner at The King and I (after I told him we were looking for something with an ethnic flair) and we couldn't have been happier- great recommendation. The lady who checked us in at the front desk was wonderful- she made us feel at ease and welcome immediately. Their staff is really great and friendly. We were a little unsure of the location because of our downtown destination for the evening, but it ended up being so much more enjoyable- park your car (for free), take the shuttle and get picked up...no hassles of parking or cabs or paying for parking. It was a really enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth P
Delavan, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I were going to check out early because of people in room next to us were very loud and obnixious, trying to open doors between rooms. Connie at front desk, Lynn restaurant hostess and Ike our server at the restaurant were so nice and thoughtful that we ended up staying and went into a different room and had a wonderful night. Truly a wonderful Anniversary!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good if the neighbors aren't noisy!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple