Ambassador Hotel
$279
GardenInn.com
$128
$117
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$84
ComfortSuites
$233
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
$209
$187
  • Room Service
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$194
$271
$238
  • Pool
1,810 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceart decomarquette universitypillow menufree shuttlemiller parkpabst mansionstep back in timemini bardowntown areabeautiful hotelbrewers gameroom was largeparking garagebed was comfortableconcertbrunch
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I would strongly advice anyone to stay here. The shuttle driver Sam was marvelous and extremely knowledgable. The hotel was extremely luxurious and nice. The service was top notch. The only complaint I would have is the location is in not the best part of town, but is convienetly near downtown.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Ambassador twice for business. My first stay was quite nice and the location was perfect for what I had to do while in the area. My last stay which was a couple of days ago was a bit questionable. Unfortunately I had the experience of the stained sheets as well as a strand of hair (that wasn't mine) on the duvet. The duvet was stained as well. I really liked this hotel so I wanted to give them a chance to fix the matter. They did call housekeeping who replaced the duvet and sheets very promptly. I always have a good drink or a glass of wine at the bar/lounge. You can even order food in the lounge area. The scallops are very good. But then, I noticed a bigger error that really has made me question if I will stay here again....one of the bath towels in my room had make up stains on it and was a bit tattered.
I know sometimes mistakes happen, but these were very visible errors that made me question the cleanliness of the rooms. I have to be in Milwaukee for business again in February. I may give the hotel one more try as a "3 strike rule". I am hoping not to call them "out" since the location works for me, I like the room size and the price is usually reasonable.

Room Tip: You may not want a room on the 2nd floor right above the lounge area. You can hear them moving furniture when shutting down for the night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DNice18
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My trip to WI recently was much better than expected thanks to the ambassador hotel and especially to Sam an old gentleman who drove the complimentary shuttle that the ambassador offers to major attractions around town. First of all the free shuttle is amazing and made us able to get to and from places without renting a car or walking. The shuttle had reasonable hours, which was good for us since we wanted to go out at night. Sam was always quick and happy, he had many great stories for us about the town and it's attractions that he told us as he drove us around. He offered advice about everything from where to get a good meal to where to go out at night! We looked forward to seeing him each morning for our next adventure. The hotel was clean, classy and the room was spacious we fit 5 comfortably. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay again :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I know Milwaukee well, and I know getting into it where this hotel is - and frankly it is a stretch to call it "downtown". You don't want to walk from this hotel ANYWHERE at night. It's west of Marquette - and dicey at night.

It's a nice hotel with decent beds and a quality room. I like hotels with a little character - and this hotel has some of that. I also prefer hotels where I can pop the windows open, and you can do that here. There's no real wow factor here, but it's a good hotel. The lobby and bar are impressive - but I never spend any time there.

The last time I stayed here I was put in possibly the worst room in the hotel - facing other rooms and a rooftop air mechanical unit.

This is insanely picky, but I'm surprised at the new entrance that was added on the west side of the hotel, where you pull in to park: it doesn't fit the hotel's design at all. Last positive = free parking. Probably the only "downtown" hotel that offers this, but again - since it's barely downtown that's probably why.

Room Tip: Try for a south facing room or an east facing room on a higher floor - these are the only ones without obstructed views or facing parking lots/other buildings.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PJL60654
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a weekend visit to Milwaukee. Our room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was professional and friendly. There were no unexpected charges - internet and parking were free. The location is within walking distance of the metropolitan museum and there is a hotel shuttle service to downtown and other attractions. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple