Ambassador Hotel
$164
  • Breakfast included
$123
$117
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$84
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotels.com
The Pfister Hotel(Milwaukee)
$296
$261
Priceline
  • Pool
1,806 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceart decomarquette universitypillow menufree shuttlemiller parkpabst mansionstep back in timemini bardowntown areabeautiful hotelbrewers gameroom was largeparking garagebed was comfortableconcertbrunch
Reviewed December 15, 2011

You know how they say, "Location, location, location"? That's the Ambassador's blessing and curse.

This is an awesome hotel with all the modern conveniences at a great price, located in a sketchy neighborhood that is convenient to wherever you need to be. Situated blocks from Marquette University, the hotel's setting isn't the best; however, it's pretty close to downtown and the riverfront. A free shuttle helps with that as well.

The rooms are pretty sweet -- I have a huge king room with a couch, flat panel HD TV with multiple inputs (HDMI, etc.), minibar, etc. Bed is very comfortable. Shower water pressure is great, although the temperature can vary.

There's definitely an art deco thing going on here, but I really don't care about that. I care about a quality hotel with a great, friendly staff and an outstanding price. For under $100, I've got a 4- to 5-star room, with free breakfast vouchers at the Envoy restaurant downstairs. (Oh, and free wi-fi, although it can crawl at times.)

Great find!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I was able to get a room for $50/night on Priceline and I'm glad I didn't pay any more than that, but the hotel fit my needs for the weekend just fine. Check-in was fast, but the first room I checked into had a broken safe, so I called the front desk. They sent housekeeping to me with a key to a new room on the same floor, that safe worked so I stayed. The hotel has a decent fitness center I used each morning and they have ample free parking. The free internet access and the TV programming was great as well. I did find it necessary to clean the bathtub myself before bathing the first night I was there, as there was soap dried to the side of the tub and the walls didn't look clean. I did not make a complaint to the hotel, as it was easier to to do it myself, so I can't comment on how they might have made that right. The bedspread had several obvious stains on it and the pillow cases appeared dingy, but the bed was comfortable. The were plenty of electrical outlets readily available and easy to reach to plug in cell phones, laptops, etc. The climate control system was easy to use, but it only works when you're in the room (some environmentally friendly thing) so it was often cold until I had been in the room a while, this is unfortunate given how cold it was the weekend I was there. It would have been wonderful to walk into a warm hotel room.

All in all, I would stay here again and bid even less on the room, but if cleanliness is important to you, it might be good to check the room on arrival and have housekeeping make the necessary adjustment before settling in.

Happy travels!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DenverTravelGuy
jjossart, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

We take pride in having some of the cleanest hotel rooms in the city. We did not receive a complaint during this guest's stay and leaving a guest in a less than perfect room would never be acceptable to us. It's unfortunate that we were not made aware of the situation, as we could have ensured an enjoyable stay for this guest.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Probably my fifth stay at this wonderful art deco gem. Rooms are large, baths small. Very comfortable bed and excellent media center. Hotel is a bargain at $89 AAA. Restaurant is outstanding. Good menu and value.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 6, 2011

A very nice hotel. 20 blocks west of river so the shuttle is important - and very good and responsive. Rooms are comfortable. Restaurants are a shuttle ride away.

• Stayed: December 2011
jjossart, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Ambassador. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We've stayed here several times, each experience less enjoyable than the previous. I'm done with this place. The rooms are small, closetless and the walls are tissue thin. For the price you pay (and it's NOT cheap) I expect certain level of service and amenities. Not worth the out of the way location (in a not terrific part of Milwaukee).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

We pride ourselves on delivering award-winning customer service and exceeding guest expectations. Please know we have no complaints on file during your recent visits to the hotel. Nonetheless, the hotel's General Manager is anxious to hear about your experiences, as he would like to remedy the situation to your satisfaction as soon as possible. Thank you for your business and for your post. Happy Holidays!