Ambassador Hotel
$187
  • Room Service
$144
$117
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$84
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$259
Travelocity
$289
The Pfister Hotel(Milwaukee)
$239
  • Pool
1,814 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceart decomarquette universitypillow menufree shuttlemiller parkpabst mansionstep back in timemini bardowntown areabeautiful hotelbrewers gameroom was largeparking garagebed was comfortableconcertbrunch
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This has to be one of my favorite hotels. Kind of an off-beat location, but close to the city yet far enough away. The staff was fantastic. We didn't get a chance to eat in the restaurant but heard great things about it from others we know. The rooms are beautiful and HUGE!! They did a great job on the remodel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2011

What a special hotel! I travel (pleasure) often and this property is at the top of my list. It is an old art deco hotel that has been refurbished to perfection. My room was huge and spotlessly clean. The decor was so tasteful. The staff was a delight. Great location. I highly recommend a stay at the Ambassador. Just another comment...the room service was amazingly fast. The food was good and I enjoyed the restaurants, too

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2011

beautiful art deco hotel near Marquette u..Service was top notch.The staff truly aims to please.We paid 83.00 bucks including tax. Booked stay and play rate with Potowotamie casino..Deluxe king bed room was great. Large,and, roomy..

Room Tip: Deluxe king room was very large..Beds were comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My family of 4 stayed at this hotel this past week and it is a little gem in the middle of the Marquette University area of Milwaukee. The deco style hotel is quite old but is still modern enough to please everyone. Once you walk inside you are welcomed by a restaurant on one side and a bar on the other. The lobby pumps out a rather pleasant scent of which the origins are unknown but I found myself looking forward to returning each evening to catch a whiff. The rooms are very spacious and inviting. The beds are extremely comfortable; I don't remember sleeping that well at a hotel in a long time. The only complaint I would have is the walls are a bit thin; we were next to the elevator and it was a tad loud in the night. That wouldn't scare me away - I would happily stay here again.
The hotel staff was courteous, helpful and attentive. The location is also close to downtown and the older areas of Milwaukee. Parking is free to hotel guests and they also have a free shuttle that runs daily. Another perk here is free wi-fi - not easy to find in nicer hotels. The restaurant has a limited menu but Milwaukee boasts some great eateries within a short distance. I highly recommend the Ambassador if you are looking for comfort, value and convenience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at the Ambassador Hotel. We saved money by not staying downtown but rather near Marquette University and we are so glad that we found this hotel. Our room was very nice and spacious. But, the best part of this hotel is the shuttle service. The complementary shuttle will take you to basically any site in Milwaukee. The shuttle will even pick you up and return you to the hotel. We even used the shuttle to get to and from Miller Park for a Brewers game.
On the downside housekeeping left something to be desired. The room was very clean upon our arrival, however maintenance wasn't great. One day no one came until 3:30. Another day, our used mugs weren't changed out. Another time we asked the front desk for some coffee and they said they would bring some to our room, which never happened.
Even with all of this, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The shuttle drivers (especially Sam) more than makes up for these deficits.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple