Ambassador Hotel
$125
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn & Suites(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$89
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$84
$109
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$93
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$89
The Plaza Hotel(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$104
$94
$130
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
$189
1,768 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceart decomarquette universitypillow menufree shuttlepabst mansionmiller parkstep back in timemini bardowntown areabeautiful hotelbrewers gameroom was largeparking garagebed was comfortableconcertbrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2007

We had reviewed different hotels online and decided for this visit to Milwaukee, we would stay in the Ambassador. We promptly booked it online at 3pm and we were there by 6pm (reside in chgo). As a fyi, It is a 5 minute ride outside of the central downtown area, and it is NOT in the best of areas, as there is riff-raff walking around the surrounding streets. When we got to the hotel, the desk clerk stated we were not listed on the guest list, but her counterpart (mgr?) overheard and was able to get the info to pop up, as she said it was making its way through the system. Nonetheless, we got a room on a mid-floor and it was well appointed. The problem with the room is that if the people in the room next to us spoke loud, you could hear their tones. Also, the cleaning maids showed up both morning at around 9:30/10 a.m knocking on the door.....Wait til' at least noon in occupied rooms. The first night there (Fri) after dining out we returned to the hotel bar, and the bartender poured some very horrible drinks. I had a Tom Collins that was the worst I ever had,and she had a specialty drink that was not well made at all. They had a man playing jazz, at a nice tone (not too loud), which was nice, and there were alot of young 20-somethings in the bar, even a few 'cool' sunglass wearing guys at midnight....lol.....We retired to our room and the bed was comfy, the tv was nice and the shower had good pressure, there also was ample towels provided! As a true 5 star, I have to recommend the restaurant on premise to anyone, we simply ate the brunch there, and it was fantastic, the service was superior and the food, as well as the portions was excellent. When in town next time, we would like to dine here as well, as the brunch was that good......I also like the Art deco look to the hotel and there were some nice features, such as the elevator entries, lobby stained glass at toilet rooms etc......... Briefly recapping: *The positives were: The brunch (and we love good meals), ;the room; The inside hotel ambience;Price ($100 a night!). *The negatives were: Not walking distance from downtown; Rougher area; and the drinks in the lounge (though the bartender was a nice guy). ***Would we stay here again?....Perhaps, but the location is a tad out of the way from the downtown area (though they do offer a shuttle for those who desire).

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LoveDiningOutChgo
Reviewed November 22, 2007

When I initially saw my Priceline results for a 4 star hotel in downtown Milwaukee, I was horrified to find that I'd be staying at the Ambassador because I was familiar with the Ambassador of the '90's when I went to school at nearby Marquette University. I reluctantly went to the hotel (since I had already paid thru Priceline) and was amazed at how much work they had put into the place. Ten years ago it was a run down vagrant hotel in a shady neighborhood. Now it's a glitzy boutique hotel just west of the Marquette campus. Still in a shady neighborhood, but it's certainly an island of excellence. The beds are amazingly comfortable and the rooms well appointed. If possible, get a room on a higher floor as the views from the lower level rooms (which you'll likely be assigned if you book thru Priceline) are less impressive that I imagine views from above to be.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank abrennan773
Reviewed November 19, 2007

I stayed here because it was near the venue for a concert and thought it would be great!... WRONG... we tried to visit a friend we met at the show they wanted us to pay $10 a person to even enter the room, even though we had our own room in the hotel. WHAT?! this has never happened to me at any other hotel in my life. The room ended up being $443 with a smoking charge tagged on because they thought they smelled ciggarettes... I felt nothing but hostility from the staff and felt they gave us no respect. Granted there were many young people staying in the hotel that night, give me a break. They kicked the guys we were trying to visit out of their room at 4 in the morning. WHO DOES THAT.... they had no where to go. The staff came in and said that the whole second floor smelled like smoke so everybody had to leave. If it weren't for us they would have been lost in Milwaukee walking the streets at 4am..... who does this...... I STILL cannot believe all this happened considering my profession is customer service. I am telling everyone I know not to ever go to this hotel... it was the worst expierence I have ever had at a hotel

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank redrustycar
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stayed at the Ambassador Hotel for one night and wish I could have stayed longer. The hotel has been beautifully maintained, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the room was wonderful. My sister and I were in a room on the third floor with two queen beds. Neither one of us could say enough about the beds. They were very comfortable and the bedding was outstanding. There was so much room I feel confident other locations would term it a suite. We had a sitting area with a wet bar and plenty of room to move around. I am very particular and was totally satisfied. If I was pressed for anything remotely negative, it would be the size of the bathroom compared to the rest of the room. The pedestal sink fit the decor, but didn't leave much room for toiletries, etc. Without a doubt, all our needs were met. They have a great, complimentary shuttle service and a wonderful coffee shop. We didn't want to eat a large lunch so we opted for the coffee shop. While we were ordering, a baker came out from the back wtih fresh scones. I couldn't resist and they were outstanding. Even the pre-made cobb salad was great. My sister had a sandwich and was pleased as well. I would recommend the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. In fact, I hope to visit again next month. All the comments about the unsafeness of the area are exagerated. I would advise anyone to take the same precaution around the Ambassador as when travelling anywhere. We walked for several blocks with our nephew and never felt threatened or the least bit uncomfortable. As a student at Marquette, he certainly knows the area and would have advised us if he had any concerns for our safety. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank bgonner
Reviewed October 24, 2007

True, this hotel is in a lousy neighborhood. The only great thing nearby is the legenday "Five O'Clock Club", an old school steakhouse.

Ignore the location. This is a great, edgy, new, boutiquey hotel. The staff is great. The bar is great. The rooms are new and beautiful.

The hotel has a fee shuttle to take you downtown and will even coordinate with you if you want to eat downtown. They will pick you up.

I have stayed at the Pfister too, and this is far better.

Stayed: September 2006