Ambassador Hotel
$117
$233
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$84
$216
$187
  • Room Service
The Pfister Hotel(Milwaukee)
$238
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$259
1,813 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceart decomarquette universitypillow menufree shuttlemiller parkpabst mansionstep back in timemini bardowntown areabeautiful hotelbrewers gameroom was largeparking garagebed was comfortableconcertbrunch
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We booked with Ambassador, and I think it's definitely a great value if you are looking for a less expensive hotel that is downtown. We took the free shuttle to and from the casino, public museum, and Mader's. The driver was efficient with drop ups and pick ups and was friendly. The front desk staff was pleasant and quickly answered all my questions. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The decor of the first floor with the lobby and bar is fantastic. We sat for an hour in the bar area (the Envoy) and really enjoyed the atmosphere with the beautiful chandeliers and other period furniture.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights for an event at The Rave/Eagle's Club which is half a block away. The hotel was very stylish and clean w/a helpful staff and my room was much larger than expected. My room included a couch, chair and coffee table along with a work desk, TV cabinet and obviously the bed, with plenty of room to spare. The staff were very friendly and responsive. The free Wi-Fi and parking was a nice savings. (other hotels in downtown charge an average of $20/per day to park). My husband used the free shuttle once which was very convenient and easy to schedule when he needed it. Didn't try the restaurant, but it always seemed busy w/customers and the menu sounded good. My only minor complaint is that the walls/ceilings are kind of thin - I could hear some stomping and movement from the room above us.
The area around the hotel is a little desolate other than activity from the patrons going to/from the Rave. There's a convenience store and 24hr. diner nearby the hotel which attracted a rowdy, thuggish crowd at night so I would avoid past 10-11pm if possible.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2011

If you're looking for a nice place to stay in Milwaukee on a budget this hotel will exceed your needs!!! We stayed 1 night and I couldn't ask for anything else. Although the hotel was not exactly downtown it was close enough to everything. The FREE Hotel Shuttle is a HUGE plus... They took us to the Casino and after calling for a pick up... the shuttle was there in 10 minutes. The staff was extremely friendly.... room service... quick and efficient! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
jjossart, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Thank you! We look forward to your return to the Ambassador!

Reviewed March 1, 2011

This hotel was a pleasure to stay at. We had a group rate and found everything as promised. Some of the exterior and all of the main floor is a visual treat - with the Art Deco style in use throughout. The room was large - no closet, only an armoire. Bathroom was from the 20's, with updated fixtures. A second sink was in the large bedroom.

We were not advised of a "master switch" for electrical power in the room. Until we found it and turned it on, no lights, etc. The heat unit had some strange traits - it seemed to turn itself down when we left the room. And the temperature setting could not be make lower than 68. No big problem - just a puzzle. And when the service staff turned off the master switch after cleaning, my computer ran on its battery until it ran out. Had to re-charge it upon my return.

The beds were very comfortable - nice bedding.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
jjossart, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for choosing the Ambassador and we look forward to having you back real soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2011

My husband and I with another couple recently went to a Cheap Trick concert at Powtawanimi Casino in downtown Milwaukee, WI. We booked the rooms thru the casino website based on rate and reviews. The Ambassador Hotel is an art deco hotel that has been renovated to its past glory. It was an outstanding experience; the rooms were very large, extremely clean and well appointed with a large flat screeen TV and Aveeda spa products. The staff was very helpful. They provided complimentary shuttle service to the casino and other points downtown. When we checked out Sunday morning, I asked the front desk if they could recommend someplace for breakfast (although they provide a large buffet we were looking for a simpler meal). They suggested a diner 3 doors up (Michaels) which was also a fantastic deal. We will definitly be back and look forward to going to more events in Milwaukee and recommending this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sadie713

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Ambassador. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your return!