“Top notch steak and service!”

Milwaukee Steakhouse
Ranked #181 of 1,533 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went to Milwaukee Steakhouse with some friends after a baseball game. I had heard about this place being like some newer version of some awesome older steakhouse in the city. It was tremendous! The bread was served warm, the relish tray was fresh, and the restaurant had a warm, clean, and inviting atmosphere.

I have eaten plenty of great steaks in Chicago that can't compare to the amazing piece of meat I experienced at the Milwaukee Steakhouse, and the service was outstanding. It was as if our server (Debbie) was able to read my mind.

Will definitely repeat when in Milwaukee.

1  Thank Ryan L
There are newer reviews for Milwaukee Steakhouse

Reviewed March 4, 2014

First time there with friends. Didn't know what to expect. Each entree was delicious. Meals included soup/salad, potato and bread. None of this ala cart stuff. I had the king prime rib that lasted for three meals. My wife had the filet and was very satisfied. A bit pricey but food and service was good.

1  Thank BRahlf
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Nice sized steak, had the ribeye. The steak was done just right, nice and tender. Could have used some more seasoning. Great baked potato with all the fixins and nice salad. Great until I can get some warm weather go to Rays and cook my own steak.
The service was stellar and the drinks were spot on.
Was it worth $150 with tip....... probably not
All in all, you will most likely be satisfied with your meal and only feel a small twinge when the bill comes.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This place was terrible. Everything tasted the same... Like pure salt. The filet, 3 mushrooms and the gravy. The place has no atmosphere. Server treated us poorly. We eat out a lot in the area and I don't normally take the time to review local restaurants but I couldn't let this one go by without sharing our experience. If you want a good old fashioned steak dinner try little red inn or johnny manhattans, those restaurants have a great atmosphere, are worth the price and service is outstanding.... And when you're paying $40 for a steak you should get both a soup and salad. And the relish tray that is included in your meal is a joke, we had a little plate with 2 small carrots, a few olives and one pickle for 4 people...I mean how stingy and tacky can this place be? Will never return....

3  Thank roseset0
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Just returned home from my first, but not last, dinner at the Milwaukee Steakhouse. Friends recommended this place and we came from Northern Illinois and met them there. I read some reviews before I went and they were a big help in my ordering decisions. Our waitress was Debbie and she was phenomenal. Treated us like old friends. I ordered the ribeye, which is my favorite cut. Our table of six had three ribeyes, 2 filets and a NY strip. I ordered mine with the the "famous" au jus on the side. I read many comments about the au jus being overpowering. The steak didn't need it. It was cooked perfectly, medium rare and was absolutely delicious. The salad and baked potato accompaniments were good, but unremarkable. The atmosphere in the restaurant was comfortable, not too noisy or too quiet. Very conducive to conversation. The service was impeccable and we were not the least bit rushed. The only warning I would give, the menu is very limited and if anyone in your group is not a meat eater, their choices will be very limited. If you are a meat eater, you'll love it.

2  Thank crabbysue