“A steaklovers dream” 4 of 5 bubbles

Milwaukee Steakhouse
Ranked #158 of 1,502 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A steaklovers dream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good old school type steak house. From the warm from the oven bread, nice little relish tray, to the entrees that actually include sides (so many places are ala carte these days) this was a really good experience. Service was attentive, but not overboard.

My husband, the carnivore, who usually enjoys a good charred steak was even happy with his medium steal - cause they seer the bleepers out of it.

A particularly cool feature of this place was the art, which are all photos on canvas of Milwaukee's jewels. I like the homage to our fantastic home town.

The one disappoint was the desserts, they seemed really ho=hum. I also find it quite odd that they package up take home food in plastic bags, that was a turn off.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CeeTeeCee
AmandaBorda, Public Relations Manager at Milwaukee Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you and your husband were pleased with the steaks you ordered. Please know that we always welcome comments on how to improve what we serve. Your thoughts will be taken into consideration. Thank you!

Hartland, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would not go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Because of all the great reviews I read I thought this would be a great place to get a steak. I never write reviews, in fact this is my first. Our meal from beginning to end was entirely too salty. We left the restaurant an hour ago and I still can't get the taste of salt out of my mouth. The soup was inedible and my date had to trade it for a salad. The mashed potato's were good but the gravy was pure salt. And last but not least the juice the steak was served in was again way too salty. I could not even taste the steak due to the saltiness of the juice. The meal was $124.00 and for my money Texas Roadhouse would have been 100 times better. I hope this was some kind of fluke but I will never find out. The saving grace for the evening was the server was extremely pleasant and the service was good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the Milwaukee Steakhouse. I am very sorry to hear of the experience you had while dining with us. Please rest assure that we do all we can to make sure you are happy with everything you order. We take reviews such as this one to heart and try to better ourselves from it. Thank you kindly and again, we apologize for your experience with us.
“Now in my top 3 steakhouses!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were there last night for his birthday. He ordered the 16oz filet, I had the 8oz filet Oscar style. Both steaks were amazingly tender and cooked to perfection (we ordered medium rare plus) with a nice charred outside without the taste of char, which could also be because the steaks are served sitting in their own delicious au jus with buttered mushrooms. Yum!
Our garlic bread app and starter salads were simple but good. Our martinis were perfectly dirty.
Great service. Excellent value (it's always nice when the price of the steak includes starters and a side, which is uncommon in newer steakhouses).
My husband was formerly a Coerper's fan but said this was way better and actually bumped Coerper's down on his list.
We'll be back again soon!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank jjrtp11
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you and your husband were satisfied with your meal. Please be sure to join us again soon! Once again, thank you and a happy (but belated) birthday to your husband.
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Always Excellent Meat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Consistently excellent steak; not cheap but worth it; casual or formal - your choice as anything goes; make reservations during prime times

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ann W
AmandaBorda, Public Relations Manager at Milwaukee Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank You! We are very pleased you enjoyed your meal with us!
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Fresh ingredient, delicious preparation and professional presentation. Water, cocktails, relish tray, bread, salad, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp and steak was all perfect. Thanks to our server Wendy who is a pro.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ChiquitaJ
Thank you for your review of the Steakhouse back in May. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself while dining with us. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon!