“Hidden Gem in Milwaukee”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Ranked #17 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed April 22, 2010

What a fantastic hotel. My mom and I recently traveled to Milwaukee to visit my sister and we were looking for an economical place to stay with good amenities. We booked the Hilton Garden Inn with a AAA rate at $75/night, plus tax for three nights. It was a fantastic stay! The location is about a 20 minute drive from the airport, but it is worth it. We were very close to Mayfair Mall and other attractions. The hotel has a restaurant onsite; however, we never had the opportunity to eat there. There is a Ruby Tuesday's and another steak house within a mile of the hotel. There was also a fridge and a microwave in the room.

The hotel was VERY clean and it looked brand new. In addition it was very quiet and even had a policy in place to ensure that guests were quiet! I loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone traveling to Milwaukee who has access to a rental car.

Excellent hotel and excellent price!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 20, 2010

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn many times & definitely the best in the area. Recent renovations and expansion have changed the feel to more upscale than typical Hilton Garden Inn. Rooms are large, clean, comfortable. Extra touches: free wireless internet, coffee maker, microwave & refrigerator in room, free coffee, tea, hot chocolate & cookies in the lobby. Great breakfast choices (I am Hilton Honors so free). Staff is the best - very nice, accomodating. While technically Milwaukee - it's not downtown. Works for me as close to the office I am there to visit -- however, would not be best location for everyone. I often eat dinner at the hotel & it is ok.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Stayed here for a few days on business. Hotel is "ok" for business, is clean, has a breakfast service that is helpful. For me, it was difficult to find at night, as it is in some sort of business park that you need to take a side road to - had to be on the cell phone at midnight with the staff to guide me there. Breakfast was ok, staff was courteous. Compared to other hotels I have stayed at in this location, this is a much nicer location - so if I went back, would stay there vs. the other less attractive hotels.

• Stayed: August 2004
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Internet access is, by far, the most important concern regarding hotel stays. Disappointingly, this hotel only has wired internet access. I don't like being tethered to the desk.

The internet speeds were good. According to Speedtest,net:
1,443 kb/s download
725 kb/s upload

Download speed is about average in my experience.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed March 7, 2008

I stayed here for business in March 2008 and have stayed at 3 other nearby hotels recently and this is the best. Brand new hotel with a large exercise room, spacious lobby, full restaurant including room service and a full breakfast (for $12 - not included in room price). Wired internet service works well and cookies in lobby are nice touch. Coffee is also available in lobby all day and night. Rooms are typical but bathrooms are bigger than most. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Not too much in the local area but I was there for work. They were very kind since I stayed for 33 days.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Overall what you would expect from a Hilton franchise. Main complaint was involving Lost and Found items. I left an item in my room and, frankly, wasn't sure when or where I lost the item. Housekeeping had found it when cleaning the room and turned it in to Lost and Found. Now, I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, they have my phone number, address and email address. Yet, no attempt was made by the hotel to contact me. When I later questioned the General Manager why they didn't let me know, he gave me some lame story about the one time he actually did place a call and it resulted in a wife finding out her husband was screwing around with another woman. In fact, he admitted they had a treasure trove of lost items. Unacceptable! Weak manager, but nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business