“First Stay At This Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“First Stay At This Hotel”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I travel monthly to Milwaukee for business. This hotel was recently added to our choices. Typically I stay at hotels closer to my work but since I have family in Washington County I thought I would try this hotel out as it is a bit closer to there. While on this point, the location of this hotel is in a confusing location. The freeway is nearby and the exit and entrances to it are complicated. Other than the restaurant in the hotel, the nearest one I saw was a Ruby Tuesday which was not really within walking distance.

The hotel lobby was fine and the staff friendly. The clerk pointed out that the bed had a stiffness adjustment, which of course I forgot about when I got to the room. Consequently I was a bit uncomfortable this first night, but then remembered to adjust it the second night which made it better.

The flat screen TV was nice, but smaller than what I have used at other hotels. The room itself was roomy and well furnished. I found the door to be clunky and loud and the key card slot seemed a bit difficult to use. Both minor issues. The air handler was quieter than most, but still had some start up noise.

I ate at the bar in the restaurant and while I tried to be patient the service from the bartender was slow (understatement). I didn't seem like they were slammed so I'm not sure what the issue was.

Overall, my stay was satisfactory, but in the future I will probably go back to the other hotels that I have used in the past that are closer to my workplace.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We continue to pursue directional signage with the local association because it can be a little tricky when traveling 45 North to Good Hope (East) and immediately staying right lane to get onto Park Place. I also wanted to apologize for not exceeding expectations in our bar and will utilize the feedback as a training tool to improve the performance of our Team Members.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Crystal Lake, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our daughter held her wedding here. We had rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception, and a block of rooms, all within one hotel, which was great for all our out of town guests. Hotel is lovely, staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
We truly strive to provide an experience and atmosphere that everyone can enjoy and are very appreciative of the fantastic review! Thank you and hope to see you again soon!
Boulder, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Easily the best hotel on the NW side of Milwaukee. Very satisfactory experience. I have stayed at this hotel many times and most of the time I have been very satisfied. Hotel check in and check out experience very fast and good. Very good value.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for the excellent review Steve! We always appreciate the positive feedback and hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a nice hotel. It is very clean and has great amenities. Makes you feel like you are staying at a nice hotel and a reasonable rate. A hotel employee greeted me in lobby with muffins and cookies for my morning commute.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi Kayla, your experience is our #1 priority and it brightens our day to read about how much you enjoyed your stay. Glad to hear the muffins are a hit as well. We pass out muffins Monday through Friday mornings from 7am to 8am. Travel safely and hope to see you soon!
Germantown, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Very nice hotel staff that were always greeting us and being cheerful. Breakfast was excellent and buffet had a lot of choices. Hot tub was 'just right' without being too hot. Appetizers in bar were inexpensive and food was good. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

WOW! The positive comments are music to our ears and let us know we are providing the service our guests are seeking! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and hope to see you at our Friday Night Fish Fry or Saturday Night Prime Rib buffet!

COLFAX, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel accomadations were excellent. I would recommend this hotel for travelers of all kinds and ages. Location was good, staff was polite and helpful, Reasturant was excellent. Pool was also very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! It is always a great feeling to read fantastic reviews of our hotel and wanted to thank you for taking to share your wonderful experience! We hope to see you again soon!
Best Regards, Chris Gurrie, Operations Manager
Atlanta, GA, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 5+ times. Each time it has exceeded my expectations! I would happily stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel of Milwaukee Wisconsin at any time! The complimentary breakfast is outstanding and the service is top notch! I feel like royalty when I am there. The staff goes out of their way to ensure that I am well taken care of.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
The kind words and wonderful review are greatly appreciated! We always strive for 5/5 or 10/10 on surveys and are open to any additional feedback that can help make your stay better! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Best Regards, Chris Gurrie, Operations Manager.