“State bowling tourney”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel accomadations were excellent. I would recommend this hotel for travelers of all kinds and ages. Location was good, staff was polite and helpful, Reasturant was excellent. Pool was also very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for staying with us! It is always a great feeling to read fantastic reviews of our hotel and wanted to thank you for taking to share your wonderful experience! We hope to see you again soon!
Best Regards, Chris Gurrie, Operations Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 5+ times. Each time it has exceeded my expectations! I would happily stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel of Milwaukee Wisconsin at any time! The complimentary breakfast is outstanding and the service is top notch! I feel like royalty when I am there. The staff goes out of their way to ensure that I am well taken care of.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

The kind words and wonderful review are greatly appreciated! We always strive for 5/5 or 10/10 on surveys and are open to any additional feedback that can help make your stay better! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Best Regards, Chris Gurrie, Operations Manager.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The best part of staying here is the fantastic breakfast buffet they have, including fresh blueberries and blackberries. Room was clean with and adjustable firmness setting for the mattress. Bathroom was large and functional. Internet connection was great - had enough bandwidth to watch several Netflix streamed movies on my iPad without any buffering or glitches. Great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thanks for the great review Gary!! It is a wonderful feeling to hear all the positive compliments! We are always striving to be a perfect 10. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your week!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was our second time staying at Hilton Garden Inn-Milwaukee Park Place. The breakfast is excellent and reasonably priced. The guest rooms are typical for a Hilton Garden Inn, clean, comfortable and roomy. The staff goes above and beyond. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
OperationsManager024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel! The experience of our guests is our #1 priority and we are always open to suggestions on how we can do even better!

Thanks Again,

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quick, romantic getaway to celebrate her birthday. I shopped online and found a great deal at Hilton Garden Inn. Online I was given the opportunity to upgrade my reservation for a nominal fee which I did in order to enjoy the luxury of a hot tub suite. Beautiful facility, great staff and all close to home. I recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

To be considered a local gem is truly a great compliment and wanted to thank you for the kind words! We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future!

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed there on a Company function and was very happy with the hotel and staff. Everyone was very helpful, always pleasant/courteous and professional. Great value and the restaurant food was really good. I would stay there again without hesitation.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Your experience is our #1 priority! We appreciate the kind words and glad that you enjoyed your stay. If there are any little details that would have made your stay even better please feel free to email me at christopher.gurrie@hilton.com. Thanks again and travel safely!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Generally when on business trips in MKE I stay downtown, but opted to be less than a mile from the office due to possible bad weather. The property is hard to find (there is no hotel sign high above the ground as I am accustomed to). With that said, there really isn't anything around this part of MKE, it is a rather desolate area. I will break down the pros and cons of the property below.

Pros:
-The staff. Everywhere (with one exception that I will address) the staff members seemed to go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The employees were very courteous and genuinely seemed to like their jobs.
-The gym and pool area were nice and centrally located. Gym had multiple TVs and the treadmills/elliptical also were equipped with small TVs.
-Allgauer's in the Park - this is the hotel restaurant and bar which was a definite plus to have on site of the HGI. The breakfast staff was incredible and the bartender at night was plain awful and rude. See my separate TripAdvisor review of the Allgauer's in the Park.
-Received 10% off coupon at check-in for the restaurant/bar and also 1,000 free HH points if over $25 was spent.
-Received free breakfast vouchers each day, not sure if this was due to my company or being a HH member. The breakfast offerings were very good (made to order omelet and the staff was outstanding!).
-The room was very clean and the housekeeping did a good job.
-Wednesday night complimentary happy hour (5:00 to 6:30). I have stayed at Homewood Suites which offer beer/wine and some food, which I thought was very nice, but this blew Homewood Suites away. Definitely check this out if staying on a Wed night.

Cons:
-First, the location just is not ideal. There is really nothing nearby (restaurants are hard to come by, as well as a 20 min+ drive to downtown).
-The four days I was there the ground floor carpet needed vaccummed. I figured it was just one day, but it continued every day I was there.
-The hallways seemed a mile long. Definitely keep this in mind when checking in and requesting a room location.
-The beds were not very comfortable - did not seem comparable to the HGI beds in downtown MKE.
-In the bathroom the shower curtain had a small rip in it.
-Evening bartender offered some of the worst customer service I have ever seen. Sitting 20 min waiting for a drink was not uncommon and is ridiculous and she was just plain rude.

Overall, the pros definitely outweigh the cons with this property. While I wouldn't hesitate to come back, there is just so much more to do staying downtown so I would lean that way when I return to MKE.

Room Tip: Keep in mind the extremely long hallways when selecting where in the hotel you want to stay.