“Clean & Friendly”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is average but it was clean and the personnel were friendly. I didn't have any problems. It was priced a little high for the amenities and it was in more of an industrial vs "happening" area, but all in all, it was fine. I'd stay there again if I had business in that pariticular area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I realize that your time is very important and we truly value your feedback. Guest feedback tells us what we’re doing right and where we have room to improve. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The pool was filthy. The hot tub was broken. The weight room was missing hand weights. I had to remind the check in host that as a HHonors Silver member (I missed gold by 1 night stay last year), I get 2 bottles of water. We had to ask 4 different times if they were going to make cookies. Finally, the 4th time we asked, they had cookies out, however, they were not homemade, they were store bought. Overall, this was the absolute worse Hilton hotel I have ever stayed in. A friend who stayed with me is a Gold member in Hilton and Platinum in other hotel chains and he agreed that this was the worse overall experience of any hotel he has stayed at. I will never recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place or stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Alan L

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about our hotel with us on another medium, in addition to the online survey you completed. As I wrote to you via email when you responded to our online survey, I am deeply embarrassed by the state in which you found our hotel and I apologize that your stay was not exemplary. I have been in contact with our housekeeping and maintenance teams about the problems that you reported in the pool area. Unfortunately the concerns that you have raised were not reported to the front desk staff at any point in time, therefore we were unable to have the appropriate staff members respond to the concerns. I apologize that the free weights were not available in the fitness center. We replaced various pieces of equipment in our fitness center, and the specific free weights that we are required to have by Hilton Garden Inn are back ordered and the ship dates continues to move farther and farther out. I agree with you that this is unacceptable and again, I apologize for it. I'm sorry that the complimentary cookies we provide were not provided when you expected them and that they did not meet your standards. Cookies should go out at 5 pm daily. I am unaware of any time or reason that we have purchased cookies; they are always baked on property. I know how much time away from home, travel and money it takes to earn enough Hilton Honors points for a free night at our hotel. As a token of our apology I would like to refund the points you used for this stay. The experience that you had at our property is not one that I am proud of and I assure you that I am working diligently to find some answers and get the concerns you reported corrected. Thank you for your time and your feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel seems to be a little bit out in the boonies. The hotel has a large parking lot and is very big as it has a conference center and restaurant. It was the perfect location to visit Rays Montain Bike Park. It looks like the front lobby has recently been redone and the rooms are clean. Some hotel rooms seem stuffy, not these. The check in took a little while but then I did check it around 5 which is to be expected. The pool and office space is very nice. I have no complaints and reccomend it!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My girlfriend and i stayed a night here and we were disappointed in the condition of the swimming pool. we went to get in around 8 in the morn of the day we departed and there were band aids and hair clumps floating in it along with brown stains on the bottom of the pool. also the breakfast was a little pricey at 30 dollars for two adults to eat. was very disappointed about these two things.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reddj_02
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not exemplary. I apologize for the condition that you found our pool area in. We had a group with us during your stay that we found difficult to keep up with, and the result of this was less than perfect cleanliness of some of our common areas. I am sorry this happened and assure you this is not a normal occurence at our hotel. Our all you can eat cooked-to-order breakfast buffet is priced at $12.95 per adult, which is a very comepetitive price when compared with other breakfast restaurants in the area. We do offer a multitude of room packages that include breakfast, like our Bed & Breakfast Package, that also offer discounts for booking both at the same time. You may want to explore hotel room packages for your next visit to our hotel, or any Hilton Garden Inn property. Thank you again for your time and your comments and we hope to serve your lodging needs again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the largest Hilton Garden Inn I have ever seen, or stayed in. This is a LARGE hotel, much larger than you would expect when the name Garden Inn is mentioned.
PROS:
Good location, good maintenance, excellent restaurant with good menu, specials, atmosphere, and bar. The rooms are spacious, showers have good pressure and hot water lasts. Good internet connectivity, good gym (several machines for weight and cardio training). Exellent tvs in room, heat worked well.
CONS:
Seemed as if there could have been more staff. When I arrived, the front lobby person was not very welcoming, and he continued working with paperwork for a few minutes before he acknowledged my presence (very rude). His replacement was much better though. The bathroom shower controls seemed a little dated, but they worked ok. I did have to call the front desk for what turned out to be painters scraping on walls at 1030 at night!! Front desk person was excellent, he apologized for confusion, and immediately called and stopped work at the unit next to mine " kudos for evening shift!!"

Overall, I would use this hotel when in the area due to its excellent bar and restaurant, Comfortable shower and bed, and overall cleanliness.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your time and your feedback. I am happy to see that you were satisfied by our facilities, however I apologize that not all of our staff members provided exemplary service during your stay. Please be assured that we will review your experience at our hotel as a management team and take action to correct the shortcomings you mentioned here. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Milwaukee!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here several years ago and it was nice place, very convenient location to downtown and other attractions. However, with this trip, the hotel is showing sign of wear and tear and could use some maintenance.

However, if we return to Milwaukee, we would consider staying here again. For some reason, unlike other big cities, Milwaukee has rather limited lodging options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you again for your feedback. As I stated in my response to the online survey that you completed, we use guest feedback as training tools and to improve upon the products and services that we offer. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and has been taken into consideration as we continue to update our Preventative Maintenance Program, which is designed to keep our rooms looking fresh and in good repair. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We came up for a family event This was our second stay (1st was in October 2012) at the HGI Milwaukee PP. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean as could be. Plenty of towels. I knew we'd eat the breakfast buffet Sunday morning but my GF does not eat pork. The week before I called and left a message regarding a special request. Chef called me RIGHT BACK and when I asked about turkey products he told me, "No problem. No charge. Just ask for it when you arrive to eat breakfast." Her serving was not 2/3 strips. it was very generous. Later when we got ready to leave the car was iced over. I asked to borrow the ice scraper I saw at the front desk and they told me, "Use it and keep it. It's yours." These are the little things that makes you come back again. See you again soon HGI MPP!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sherman B
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words. Our goal is satisfy our guests by all means available to us and I am thrilled that all of our team members embodied that during your most recent stay. We can't wait to serve your lodging needs again!