“Extremely blown away by the awsomeness of this hotel.”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Ranked #17 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business. I can't say enough about how awesome this hotel is. Beautiful lobby and decor, business center was set up as if you are sitting at your own desk with all supplies needed, room was very clean, beautiful, and beds were very comfortable. Hotel staff was phenomenal! I actually forgot something that required a trip to the store and my needs were accommodated immediately. I was blown away. I would love to go back on vacation and just spend a few days enjoying the ambiance of this hotel. I was smiling the entire time I was there! :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Trish I
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and your review of our hotel and our staff. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Milwaukee!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while in town. Upon driving up to the property, the hotel itself is very large and grand. It has a giant ballroom and quite a few rooms. The hotel is near Wauwatosa and Menominee Falls. It is a bit tricky to find it from the highway. Take the Good Hope Rd exit and follow the Park Place arrow to a frontage road.

We checked in a bit early, at 1:30pm and we were promptly checked in. There was no wait and the front desk representative explained how to best access our room. The lobby is very beautiful and decorated very classy. We booked a junior suite, which is near the hotel restaurant, Allgauer's in the Park.

Our room was on the second floor. The hallways are brightly lit and the carpet is in good shape. Looks like it was recently updated. We entered our suite and I was immediately disappointed. When you walk into the room, there's a desk, loveseat, stuffed chair, and a TV. The loveseat and chair were very outdated, small, and uninviting. At the back of the room is the bed, a tv, and a cabinet with a microwave, coffee maker, and a refrigerator. The bathroom is very small and unimpressive. The bed was king size and had unappealing linens; not plush and inviting like I'd expect from a Hilton property. The white comforter was thin and looked outdated. The decor, to include the lamps and pictures were also out of style. The rooms are in desperate need of updating. I think I've observed better rooms at Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Express'. Overall, the flat screen TVs were a nice touch, and the microwave and fridge were nice to have in the room. The shower was hot and had adequate water pressure. The bath products were Neutrogena and Bath and Body Works.

We didn't hear a lot of outside noise or noise from other rooms. We did hear loud footsteps from the room above us in the morning.

We checked out at 10:30am the next morning. I needed a receipt, so we checked out at the front desk. There was one front desk rep. working and he was on the phone with a customer. A few other Hilton employees were roaming near the front desk and never acknowledged us. After about 4-5 minutes, a tall gentleman asked us if we've been helped. When we replied no, the gentleman on the phone finished his phone call and the tall gentleman said that he'd help us and walked away. The tall gentleman asked us how our stay was before he walked away. I lied and said it was good. It was average, but there's nothing they could do about that since it just didn't meet my expectations.

We went to have breakfast at Allgauer's. Breakfast consisted only of a breakfast buffet and no menu. The buffet is overpriced at $12.95 and had food sitting in chafing dishes or on ice. They did have made to order omelets and waffles but the rest of the hot food was sitting in the dishes for a while. I only ate one plate of food and it was average. Not bad, but not great either.

Overall, I wasn't impressed with the hotel because it looks great on the outside, but the rooms do not match what you'd expect from a Hilton brand. I wouldn't stay here again. Like I said, surprisingly, I've had better looking rooms at Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ltl_leah

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel so thoroughly. I apologize that you were not impressed by our property or by our staff. Our goal is to exceed guest expectations on all levels, therefore it is disappointing to learn that we did not do that for you. I would love to speak to you about your experience further and come to a solution as to how we can best take care of you in the aftermath. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally at the hotel. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for business and typically Hilton Garden Inn does not hit my radar however this visit changed my mind! Nice lobby, efficient check in, and super clean & quiet room. Excellent breakfast...will stay here next time I am in MKE!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank J G
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This large hotel, north of downtown Milwaukee, features ready access to the highway into Milwaukee. but without the traffic noise. Front desk staff cooperative and friendly, rooms well-furnished and clean, comfortable beds, all at a reasonable price (about $90-$100 per night + tax). Allgauer's, a pleasant restaurant on the premises, serves a buffet breakfast (extra cost), lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap-accessible room, if not required by a handicapped person.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank drdemento
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Milwaukee.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Put on an evening event here with catered meal. Event room was ok. (Never did get us hooked into room's sound system so we used our own), but the food was ok and he room suited our needs. Just make note, the event rooms are quite the hike from the main lobby. (They and the restaurant have a separate entrance from the parking lot).

The guest room was quite comfortable. Wish I could've spent more time in it. :)

• Stayed: September 2012
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologize that we were not able to get the sound system in your meeting room to sync with your equipment. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we hope to see you again. Please let us know if we can be of service to you when your travels bring you back to Milwaukee.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Excellent all the way around - service, rooms, and the complimentary breakfast. After staying at a not-so-great the night before, this place was a breath of fresh air. The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The room was spacious and exceedingly clean, a wonderful sight for sore eyes and these bone-weary travelers. The restaurant was excellent as well. We went for dinner, I ordered the steak and potatoes au gratin, and the other order was the whitefish entree. Quite a memorable meal. Our overall stay was an excellent experience and we highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback! We strive for total guest satisfaction and it is always great to hear when we have achieved that. Thank you for your time and kind words, and we hope to serve your lodging needs on your next trip to Milwaukee!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My sister had her wedding here and me being the MOH, not sure if I would recommend this place. Since we booked the turnover on people that we worked with in sales department was tremendous. I couldn’t believe when we got the 2nd person more or less the 3rd person. That being said lack of commination was not good. The food was good and the hotel staff was ok. Everything here is an extra charge, make sure you ask for all the details because they just don’t tell you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you and your event were negatively effected by the staffing changes made in our sales department. I assure you that all changes made were meant to provide a positive change to our property and I apologize that you did not experience this. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail.