“Excellent stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here while visiting family and friends in the area. The hotel seemed new. The property was very well kept. The room was very clean and very nicely appointed. I found the room to be spacious and had a mini-fridge and microwave. The beds were great. As other reviewers have noted this hotel is located in an office park and is not close to very many restaurants. There is a restaurant in the hotel that I did not try and a Ruby Tuesday restaurant fairly close. I did not find it at all hard to find. There are not many hotels located in this part of Milwaukee and if you do not mind a little driving to get something to eat I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night and had an excellent night sleep. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and room was very clean. The wifi was fast, everyone very helpful and nice. I went to breakfast early and it was very good. I was given a discount so room was under $100. Overall it was a very good stay and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathyleen D
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Hotel was lovely. The check in service was excellent. The staff pointed me in the direction of a very nice local restaurant, which I appreciated. The room was clean and restful and the place was quiet. Check out was easy and efficient. I'd come back in a minute. Breakfast was another matter.

I usually get the breakfast deal when a Hilton property offers one because I'm rarely disappointed. Not so this time. We arrived at 9:30 for breakfast which was supposed to be served until 10. No one was at the front. We just walked up to the buffet and were intercepted by the person who I think was the hostess. The other wait people were all chatting together in the rear of the restaurant. They had already started setting up for lunch. (Although there were at least ten tables with patrons.) They had to change the setup for our table. (at least a dozen more people came in after us.) The on-demand eggs were satisfactory. The hot food that had been sitting in serving trays (eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage) looked like it had been sitting there for a long time. The potatoes were oily and burnt beyond edible. It was VERY dissapointing.

Instead of the breakfast 'deal' ask the front desk staff to recommend a breakfast place just a few minutes away. You'll save a few bucks and you'll enjoy your meal!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Misty K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! Please be assured that your experience has been shared with our Director of Food & Beverage and we have discussed this experience with our food & beverage staff to help prevent anyone else from experiencing what you did. We're so delighted you enjoyed the staff and the rooms and hope that we can serve you again when your travels bring you to Milwaukee!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went in early June for a concert. We narrowed it down between Park Place and Airport HGI and chose Park Place due to noise concerns.

This is by far the largest HGI I've ever stayed at. Same great design, warmth in the lobby, nice rooms, room layout...though this one doesn't have the walk in shower that I love but that's o.k.

We got the deal with breakfast and I will be booking the breakfast rate from now on. Love the omelet station. It's a full hot meal breakfast, not a continental breads and cereal kind. Fruit, waffles, pancakes, french toast. Some are ready but you can also ask for your order fresh.

One con for me is the location from downtown. Most of what we were doing was downtown and the drive seems REALLY long. If you have things planned for downtown and don't mind a 20 minute drive you should be o.k.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night recently. It was really enjoyable and comfortable. Everything was clean and the room had a microwave and small refrigerator which was a plus. Close to this area is a large grocery store for the family that would like to keep some food in the refrigerator. The area is set back from the main road and quiet. The pool and whirlpool were warm and the glass enclosed area was bright. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant. It was and all you can eat fish fry. It was very good and filling. The people in all areas were helpful. There was a small pantry off the main desk where we could by food items for the microwave etc. Coffe was provided in this same area in the morning and cookies and juice in the evening. A nice touch. I would go there again. I would also be a nice place for a wedding since they have a large banquet hall.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and see you next time you are in Milwaukee.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

This Hilton Garden had everything I like about the chain - a well appointed room with an extremely comfortable bed. The wired internet maintained good speed so I could get some work done. I only ate breakfast (a buffet) at the in-house restaurant but it was very good.

Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Daryl J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments. See you next time you are in Milwaukee.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed at this property for four weeks as it was the closest to the office. I feel that the hotel met and exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly and always greeted me with a smile. I used their meeting rooms for most of my stay and the banquet staff was always very accomodating to all of my needs. I felt that the business center was nicer than most hotels and offered internet, fax, copy, scan as well as other business supplies. The resturant had a nice selection of different dishes, which was good as there are only two other resturants (Ruby Tuesdays and Cousin Subs) that are close by to the hotel. The breakfast buffet also had a decent selection from fresh fruit, pastries, yogart, made-to-order omelets, waffles as well as other smaller items. If my business travel brings me back to this area again, I would continue to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Daryl J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Park Place Hotel in Milwaukee. We’re delighted to have you stay with us for four weeks and hope to welcome you back again soon. Your comments have been shared with our catering team. If travel brings you to Milwaukee again before April, Hilton HHonors is currently offering 1,000 Bonus Points per night or 5,000 Points for weekend stays. Just enroll online and stay before March 31, 2012. Again, we appreciate your feedback regarding the hotel.