“Super friendly staff...good value - slow internet”

Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Paso Robles, California
“Super friendly staff...good value - slow internet”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed three nights on business and the staff was great. Hotel was clean and well kept and bed was comfy. Can't say I had any sound problems as mentioned in the other reviews...and hotel must not be on a flight path for the airport because even though it is very close I never heard a plane the entire time I was there. A variety of freshly baked cookies in the evening was nice and the free coffee station in the lobby was well stocked and appreciated. A few things they need to work on - Internet was frustrating - slow even late at night and I kept having to log in more than should have been necessary. I shower between 6:30 and 7 am..first morning shower was great - second day warm but not as hot as I would like - third day was borderline cold. Front desk staff was very friendly and went out of their way to greet you and ask how my day and stay were going...and it seemed genuine. They are good ambassadors. Location was convenient with easy on and off freeways. Many decent dining choices nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Planefella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over night on business. Check in was great. The front desk clerk was very nice and had a smile on her face. I checked in and left right away for a meeting. I got back at 1130 pm and tried to fall asleep. Couldn't due to the guest in the room next to me who was snoring and It sounded like he was next to me in bed. I was near an exit door that slammed shut every time someone closed it, and a baby crying in a nearby room. After barely sleeping I woke up ,showered and left right away. Didn't get to check out the rest of the hotel. My room was very clean and staff was nice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Kane101208,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you mentioned our friendly staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise from other guests had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Waterloo, IL
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I travelled to Milwaukee on a last-minute trip. I used Priceline to obtain a hotel. Got a good price for a two-night stay. After receiving my hotel confirmation, I went to Tripadvisor to read reviews of the hotel we were just booked at. I have used Priceline name your own price and express price a number of times and have been very lucky in obtaining nice hotels for discounted prices. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor on this one, I was a bit nervous. The reviews were mediochre, and some were downright off putting. When we arrived, a number of stewardess/stewards were just checking in. We waited a bit to check in, but had no complaints with the staff. Our room was fine. I checked out the bathroom and king bed for any signs of uncleanliness. Everything looked in order. The bed was comfortable. The pillows were a bit stingy on such a big bed. Our room faced the front of the hotel. I was awakened around 5 a.m. by a group of loud individuals outside. I can only assume they were headed to the airport as a number of people were asking about the shuttle at check in. Other than that, we really didn't have noise. I didn't use the coffee pot as there were some reviews that were questionable and made me hesitant. My husband has to return in a month, and would be fine staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear mom43boys,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and found our rooms clean and comfortable. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Lake Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had a similar experience as another member on here so I am sharing my experience also. Upon check in we advised we needed a shuttle in the morning to the airport. We were told by front desk that we didn't specify the park and fly option when booking so there would be a charge for parking. Hello isn't the name of the motel Holiday Inn Airport? I would think that would be included in the $93.00 per night room like most hotels located one mile from the airport. I booked my room the same as I have the last 3 years and never paid for parking. This year, however, was charged $7 per day to leave my car there, "they are under new management". No manager on duty to complain to so I sent an email Friday night during my one night stay before checking out in the morning. I never received any email back regarding my complaint. I did however receive a phone call while we were in Florida, that my truck was broken into in their parking lot. Smashed my window and stole my belongings that were in there. So I am not really sure what the $49 for parking was. I am still waiting for manager to call us back once he gets a hold of "corporate" to see if they will refund my parking money. They apparently don't have cameras or keep any sort of watch on parking lot. So after paying over $150 to stay there plus having to pay to have my broken my window fixed, this was quite an expensive stay. Shuttle drivers were awesome though, but unfortunately I will not be staying here again. This place gives the Holiday Inn a bad name.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Wendy T,

Regards,

Karen C
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed March 13, 2014

In 6 years of being a Platinum member of IHG it finally happened. I finally had a bad experience. For those of you that dont want to read my rant, I will sum up my recommendation on the next paragraph.

If your a elite member of IHG, dont stay here. The customer service on the "check in" shift is horrible to put it mildly.

If you have to stay here for a park and fly dont use your points. They will charge you per day to leave your car there, even though it will cost you 20k points to stay.

If you want to know just how not to do customer service read my following rant.

Ok here it goes, this place is either terribly managed or has a check in shift not cut out for the line of work they are in. I am not a complainer nor do I expect any great deeds to be done for me because I am a Platinum member. I do however expect a desk agent that is kind and reasonable. I booked this place in December of 2013 for a stay in March of 2014 using my points earned from traveling for my job. The park and ride was $119. But even though 20k is a lot of points for that price I decided to use it. What greater reward for all your hard work away from your family than to use your points to spend on time with your family. Especially when you earned those points by being away from them. The hotel is not in great shape for being only 12 years old but who cares. This is just a place to park the car and sleep before going on a real vacation. We all know thats what 95% of people use hotels like this for near airports.

I drove 5 hours with the family and arrived at the hotel near 7PM. Upon check in I was asked if I need a shuttle to the airport in the morning. I did indeed. Arranged it with the desk agent. Cool. Shortly after during the check in process I am informed that if I am leaving my vehicle there while gone for 9 days I would need to pay them $7 a day. What? She then informs me that the way I booked my room doenst include the park and ride. I questioned her as to why 20k in points wouldnt include that? It just doesnt apparently. So apparently I was misled while booking it. I asked her what I could do. I wasnt paying them 20k points and $63 plus tax for this park and ride valued at $119 when I booked. That's insane. I wanted to know how she could help me with that. Could I get any break as a Platinum member in that price? For god sake I have done this literally a dozen times in the past 6 years at other hotels and never had a problem. She tells me that it is cheaper to leave it there than the airport as they charge $14 a day. Now I am getting slightly annoyed with her. Told her I wished to cancel my points stay and rebook as park and fly and pay. That is much cheaper. She says she cant give me my points back as it is after 6PM (tells me to call IHG to ask for my points back) but she can book a room for me at $139 a night park and fly. Seems the price went up because the other IHG hotel near the airport sold out. It is not busy in the hotel. Just one other couple checking in at the time. Now I am getting down right mad but I do keep in professional. No bad language or anything like that. I informed her the rate I saw was for $119. She says to me that is the internet rate and she cant give that to me. Points me to the computer in the lobby and tells me I can use that. For real? I ask to see that manager. Didnt get to see one. It was 7PM. Probably not there. Turns out I couldnt get that rate anymore after actually having to go over there and try to book it online myself. Now I am smoking mad but will get nowhere with this desk agent as it is abundantly clear this person isnt here to help me in anyway shape or form. I tuck my tail between my legs and book the $139 room which turned into $160 after taxes and go to my room and call IHG while my family was in the pool to get my points back. Its a vacation and I cant let this hotel ruin it. Suck it up and forget it.

Woke up went and the shuttle took us to the airport in the morning. The morning staff was absolutely pleasant and the shuttle driver was great. Gave him a nice big tip. I am getting on with my vacation and not taking that check in nightmare out on anyone I shouldnt.

We have a wonderful vacation and at incredible IHG resort and return. Call the shuttle and the guy is there lightning fast and is very friendly. Nice big tip for him and unload luggage and family into the lobby while I retrieve my vehicle. As I return I see the same lovely agent is back in there on the "check in" shift. Apparently staring my wife and kids down. Unbelievable. That is when I decided I need to write this. I casually walked up and got her name as Malinda with an A.

Do you want to experience the service of Malinda and this hotel before you head out on your vacation? Or at all truthfully. Neither do I. I will never return. This hotel is not IHG worthy.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn Express down the street. Stay away from here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Chris B,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Wakeman, Ohio
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just OK. Room was just OK as far as cleanliness and condition. I was spoiled in Chicago.
Furniture was dilapidated. The bed was comfortable. The TV was average. The bath was just ok. No bath tub. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank M J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear M J,

Thank you for the feedback. It is lovely to hear you found the bed comfortable and hope you had a good night's sleep during your stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We only stayed one night prior to a cruise. The room was clean; and many dining options were available by either a short walk or drive. Shuttle service was prompt taking us to the airport, and when we returned it was a call for a pick up and the shuttle was there within 10 minutes, and dropped us off at our vehicle. It is a good option for a place to stay. Just an FYI, breakfast is not included, and for the price they should have had at least a continental offering.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Karen S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!