We stayed here two nights in August. I had booked in advance a one bedroom suite with kitchenette/separate bedroom and prepaid to receive a discount. After several hours in the car with two small children, my husband checked in, we loaded up our luggage and went into our room. Um...not the one I reserved. The room didn't have a separate bedroom nor did it have a kitchenette. It was all one big room. Because we were going to be traveling so much with the kids, I had planned to get them to bed on time and be able to stay up a little later. As anyone who has traveled with kids, if you are in the same room, they won't go to bed if they think they will miss out on anything and the next day they are very overtired.
I went back to the front desk and explained I had reserved a specific room type. She asked if I needed that type. When I explained my reasons why I booked a specific type, she said she would clean one and call our room. Approx 40 min later she came up and had me look at their extended stay suite to see if it would work. Nice room and they gave me both nights for price I already paid. When I asked what about the kitchenette suite, she said they only had one with kitchenette and they rented it out. I was confused as to why she said she would clean it for me then. The extended stay didn't have a separate bedroom but we were so tired we took it.
Likes: 1. Nice sized pool
2. Yummy apps from hotel restaurant
3. Super comfy bed
Dislikes: 1. Extremely slow elevator
2. Cleanliness. We found a unopened can of Mich Golden under the bed and peanuts
under the curtains
3. Very loud noise, generator?? that kicked on all night
When we return to the area, we will choose a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEWLY RENOVATED Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport is the finest full-service hotel in the Milwaukee airport area. Our NEW look is sure to impress, the entire hotel was updated from top to bottom! We are sure you will enjoy our upgraded furnishings, design and decor. Located just one mile from Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport, the Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport offers unparalleled convenience & service for all travelers. With such great amenities as 24 Hour complimentary airport shuttle service, in our new shuttle, you'll see why you have need to look anywhere else. The Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport is easily accessible from Layton Avenue to I-94 East and West, the I-894 Bypass, and Hwy. 38 (Howell Ave.), all within 3 minutes of the hotel. Travelers will not only find our airport location convenient, but The Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport is less than 10 minutes from downtown Milwaukee. This area provides great entertainment such as Miller Brewery Tours, Milwaukee Bucks NBA Basketball, the Bradley Center, the Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley Davidson museum, Henry Maier Festival Park, Potawatomi Bingo & Casino, and the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts for starters. The Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport is ideally situated to numerous corporations and business offices in the Milwaukee area. These include Rockwell Automation, Harley Davidson, General Mills, Caterpillar, Krones, Patrick Cudahy Inc., Rexnord, USBC, Signature Flight Support, General Electric, and Johnson Controls to name a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Holiday Inn