“Decent Place, Clean Room BUT Noisy!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Decent Place, Clean Room BUT Noisy!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

the hotel is clean, people are nice. The room has adequate space. I would have given this a higher rating, but our room 328 is above some generator that is exteremly noisy, kicks in every 5 minutes or so. Very annoying! Avoid booking a room on the top floor near the center of the building and you will have a pleasant stay. For me I am glad I have hearplugs, hopefully I will get enough sleep to function tomorrow! Oh they didn't acknowledge that we were priority club members either, which is annoying.

Room Tip: High floor has most rooftop generator noises, especially rooms in center of the building
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Nice location. everything is updated and new.
had a suite which proved to be a great value.
bed comfortable,all linens are upgraded.
clean big bathroom.
great pool area with a whirlpool
only negative is the amont of chlorine and chemicals which caused are eyes to be irritated
would come back in a heartbeat

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I booked this hotel to be near the airport for a very early flight. My AMEX reservation system and contract guarantee the room with my credit card (and they will charge me the full amount if I do not show up). I am also a gold Priority Club Member. After a long drive I arrived at the hotel only to be informed that they had "overbooked" and had a room for me at a Holiday Inn Express (see above about the 'contract'). Even though they had my contact information I received no phone call. The desk person told me the Holiday Inn Express was "a few minutes away." It was 30 minutes away. I asked that I be called by the owner. At this point, no phone call. I ended up never getting to sleep at all and find this completely unacceptable. Am I getting any compensation for my time due to the default of the contract with this hotel? I highly doubt it. I find it disappointing that IHG allows this owner to maintain one of their franchise.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sean D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Sean D,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is very convenient for my family. My mom lives in a senior center near by. We stayed on July 3rd and were pleased with everything. Restaurant, staff, pool....it was all good. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Okay, so a hotel right by the airport should have be thing going for it, it's close by the airport so their shuttle service should be great! And yes, this hotel's shuttle service was pretty good. The van itself was a lil rugged and beat up, but it got me there and they picked me up from the airport at midnight. Thumbs up there. The room was v clean and the king size room was great. Biggest disappointment was the curtains didn't close and the solitary street light shone straight into my room - v annoying. Breakfast was good, not hearty, but you get what you pay for. And given that, I paid a good tip for the great service from the dining staff - excellent and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I live only a mile away from this property. I was "forced" to stay here because my AC went out, it was 104 degrees outside & no repair person could come for days. I had to find a nice affordable place that would allow me to bring my well behaved 45 lb dog with me. The staff were friendly and professional, the room was clean, cool, quiet, nicely decorated and well appointed The bed was super comfy too. They also have a nice swimming pool & a good bar/restaurant. I may just take some more micro-mini vacations here. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mediapolis, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed two nights in this hotel. The property was beautiful. Very clean rooms and hallways. Nice pool and restaraunt/lounge. Convenient location. Friendly staff. Large free parking lots.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 216 & 214. Located directly above the exhaust vent for the pool water heater. When...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek
Clarion Hotel Airport
Clarion Hotel Airport
#34 of 54 in Milwaukee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Courtyard Milwaukee Airport
Courtyard Milwaukee Airport
#40 of 54 in Milwaukee
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!