“My First Negative Review - Very poor service and no response from the owners” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #30 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“My First Negative Review - Very poor service and no response from the owners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I booked this hotel to be near the airport for a very early flight. My AMEX reservation system and contract guarantee the room with my credit card (and they will charge me the full amount if I do not show up). I am also a gold Priority Club Member. After a long drive I arrived at the hotel only to be informed that they had "overbooked" and had a room for me at a Holiday Inn Express (see above about the 'contract'). Even though they had my contact information I received no phone call. The desk person told me the Holiday Inn Express was "a few minutes away." It was 30 minutes away. I asked that I be called by the owner. At this point, no phone call. I ended up never getting to sleep at all and find this completely unacceptable. Am I getting any compensation for my time due to the default of the contract with this hotel? I highly doubt it. I find it disappointing that IHG allows this owner to maintain one of their franchise.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Sean D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Sean D,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is very convenient for my family. My mom lives in a senior center near by. We stayed on July 3rd and were pleased with everything. Restaurant, staff, pool....it was all good. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Okay, so a hotel right by the airport should have be thing going for it, it's close by the airport so their shuttle service should be great! And yes, this hotel's shuttle service was pretty good. The van itself was a lil rugged and beat up, but it got me there and they picked me up from the airport at midnight. Thumbs up there. The room was v clean and the king size room was great. Biggest disappointment was the curtains didn't close and the solitary street light shone straight into my room - v annoying. Breakfast was good, not hearty, but you get what you pay for. And given that, I paid a good tip for the great service from the dining staff - excellent and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I live only a mile away from this property. I was "forced" to stay here because my AC went out, it was 104 degrees outside & no repair person could come for days. I had to find a nice affordable place that would allow me to bring my well behaved 45 lb dog with me. The staff were friendly and professional, the room was clean, cool, quiet, nicely decorated and well appointed The bed was super comfy too. They also have a nice swimming pool & a good bar/restaurant. I may just take some more micro-mini vacations here. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mediapolis, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed two nights in this hotel. The property was beautiful. Very clean rooms and hallways. Nice pool and restaraunt/lounge. Convenient location. Friendly staff. Large free parking lots.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 216 & 214. Located directly above the exhaust vent for the pool water heater. When...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Richland Center, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel is nice, the rooms are nice, the location is close to every thing I needed. The food was good. But the very best part of staying at this hotel is the staff. They are excellant, they respond to any request, they are helpful and they always smile. Stayed there two weeks for work and just really enjoyed everything about this place......

Room Tip: I did not use a spa if there was one, and breakfast was in the restaurant.......can't make the d...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The location couldn't be better. Even though the entire Milwaukee area interstate system is under construction the hotel is easily accessible from the major freeways and and is close by to restaurants. The airport is just around the corner as well. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. (At some points so friendly it made me feel uncomfortable) But I slept great, felt safe and will definitely stay there again if needing a hotel close to the downtown area. An added tip - if you are looking for somewhere close to Potawatomi but don't want to pay downtown prices this might just be a great solution for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business