“Fun little shop!”

Yum Yum
Ranked #661 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good food, friendly staff and you are surrounded by Palestinians who cater to your every need! The waitresses too are friendly and will give you that extra bit of pita if you need it. Good Chinese food too and they have a hookah lounge in the warm season!

There are newer reviews for Yum Yum

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This restaurant is a welcome addition to the neighborhood. We appreciate their menu, value, and the fact that they deliver. We love the food, and appreciate kid-friendly choices. I absolutely love the Rose Water Lemonade. Delish! I love the bread--it's a thin, homemade type that is typical in the Middle East. Make sure you order extra when getting hummos, because you don't get nearly enough. We've only ordered carry-out and delivery. The dining room is rather plain and lacking in atmosphere, but that doesn't matter. All in all, we would recommend it to anyone.

They recently started sharing a kitchen with a Chinese Restaurant--which I hope will work out for them. It's a strange combination, but if it means that this business will survive, then whatever works.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I am sorry, there is no way this place can be considered quality or authentic or even a value to the consumer.
First, let's start with the wait for food: We placed our order for a "Mixed Platter for 2" and it took over 35 minutes for the meal to be prepared. Certainly this would be an acceptable time to wait for a meal that would be authentically prepared. However, this was absolutely not the case when Rice-A-Roni is to constitute as rice pilaf and Sam's Choice frozen kebab meat is to replicate freshly skewed strips and tips of beef shank and chicken breast.
Secondly, how can a Middle Eastern restaurant run out of one of the most staple condiments (appetizers) of the cuisine: cucumber yoghurt? To our surprise, they had no tzatziki available. Due to this, the worker suggested to try their "special garlic sauce" (which would be known as "toum" by those of us who have eaten Middle Eastern food before). We agreed to sample that instead. Interestingly enough, after a 5 minute search through the kitchen, the establishment did not have any toum either. So, another worker visits our table and brings "hot sauce" (which I happen to better know as "skhug"). I questioned him if the restaurant REALLY did not have any tzatziki or toum available and he re-reassured me that they did have tzatziki. After another 5 minute search, he returned to the table to inform us, once again, there was no tzatziki and instead provided us with a small plastic cup of eggplant dip (babaganoog). Unfortunately, the babaganoog was not making the grade.
Third, the meal was served with plastic utensils and in a plastic to-go container, even though we were dining in. This is not a big deal, but still confusing for an establishment that has an eat-in section in their establishment.
Fourth, the contents of the meal: 2 pieces of grilled green pepper, 1 piece of grilled onion, 2 pieces of grilled tomato, 3 tips of processed chicken, 2 tips of processed beef, 1 strip of processed beef kabob, and 1 strip of processed chicken kabob, all layered on top of a bed of Rice-A-Roni with a few flakes of parsley...and yes, this meal carried the price tag of $12.99 PER PERSON.
This is too bad, I had much higher hopes for this place since I have read some fake reviews elsewhere and even saw a review in the Shepherd Express last year. Ridiculous! I was actually hoping that I would not have to always travel to the East Side of Milwaukee in order to eat decent Middle Eastern cuisine. WOW, I WAS 100% WRONG!

3  Thank TTT078