“Great location, average food, excellent service”
Review of Ryan Braun's Graffito - CLOSED

Ryan Braun's Graffito
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Erie Street
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My first visit to this spot. It was a rainy cold evening in May (typical Milwaukee Spring) and had a business gathering of colleagues from around the country. I thought the servers did a great job to get the drinks to everyone and to serve the food promptly to a group of at least 30. The filets were more medium well than medium or medium rare as promised. The arribiata pasta with shrimp had p,entry of shrimp but not as spicy as I expected. Appetizers were good, not great. Dessert of mocha gelato was good. Because the outdoor deck was closed, it was a bit crowded. I did like the ambiance and I can imagine this is a great place when the sun is shining and it is warm, to sit along the Milwaukee river and relax. Bottom line...nice place, good waiters, nice decor and deck, average food.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had reservations for 7:00 for a party of 16 to celebrate my niece's graduation. The reservations were made 3 weeks in advance and we were assured the large group would not be a problem. The restaurant called my niece the day of the event to confirm the reservation. As we were waiting outside we saw a whole bus load of people exit the restaurant. We were seated after 7:30 in the back room that must be overflow. There were three large groups besides our own group in this room. Drink orders were filled and we quickly ordered food as we had looked at the menu while waiting for the table. Then the long wait began. Only about half of the group ordered salads and they arrived in a decent amount of time and were delicious. Entrees took forever to arrive! After an hour wait, my sister-in-law went to the hostess desk to ask to see the manager. She was told the manager would come to the table. Meanwhile Brandon, our waiter, was doing his best to keep us happy with drinks and water. More than 15 minutes passed so she again approached the hostess. The table next to us finally got their food and cheered as they too had had an unusually long wait. When the manager finally came to apologize and promised that our entrees would soon arrive. She said, "they were slammed!" But as we made many trips to the restroom during the wait we saw many tables also sitting without food. Our waiter brought out several appetizers to hold us over, but most of us didn't want to eat them and spoil our appetites for our main course. Again the manager came over to say that our entrees would be ready in 6 minutes. More than 10 minutes later and well after 9:00 our food finally arrived. The food was delicious and hot, but by that time we were so frustrated. Our waiter brought out complimentary desserts. We were given a large discount on our bill, but would have much preferred to have paid the full amount and have our food arrive within a reasonable amount of time. It seems that the restaurant should have been aware that it was going to be a busy night. The bus of people before us was obviously pre planned. Our reservations were made well in advance and the management should have been aware that several colleges in town were having graduations and more staff needed to be on hand.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

With warm weather just hitting, we sat on the patio. It was quieter than I expected. Ordered the small portion of buffalo wing ravioli. The ravioli was delicious. I'd definitely consider going back again.

Beautiful location!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stopped in here on a Sunday night with a friend who in town visiting. Waiter was very helpful and recommended a number of items. While our selections were limited, I can't say that any of them were outstanding. In fact they were pretty ordinary. This restaurant came highly recommended - but there are just too many other restaurants in the 3rd ward that are heads and shoulders above Graffito.

Might stop here when the patio is open for drinks and appetizers - but would skip the dinner.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The location for this spot is amazing! Its right on the river in the 3rd ward. Having said that I think they rely on that a little too much, and the menu and beer options suffer for it. Its been a while since I was there, so maybe they have expanded the options though.