“over priced...”

Milwaukee County Zoo
Ranked #7 of 182 things to do in Milwaukee
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I love animals but we paid over 35$ for 2 people to park and enter the zoo. That's insanely expensive for college students especially since we ended up walking through the whole park in 2 hours flat. The giraffes weren't even out! Its worth it if you can afford it and have the time to wait all day to see specific animals but the Madison zoo is free, so check that out first if you can.

1  Thank Kayla J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,444)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I went to the Milwaukee Zoo back in June 2013 and I have been there 3 times in my life and it is a nicer zoo and it's not more spread out and like Brookfield Zoo is and but it is not as big as Brookfield Zoo is and but you have some hills there. I especially and like the train ride there.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great walk through great surroundings. Great view of all the animals. Been going since I was a kid, always have lots of fun.

1  Thank SEWiscon
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife and I have visited a lot of zoos in the country; this is one of our favorites. We loved every aspect of the zoo- the layout, the species in the collection, their large exhibits, the giraffe feeding, the sky safari, and the list goes on and on. We started our visit by purchasing tickets for the giraffe feeding as it has always been a wish for us to do so, but the lines have always been quite long at other zoos. We got there and found out that only 6 of the 20 feeding tickets sold, so we each got an extended amount of time to feed a pair of giraffes. My wife and I went last, so we got the longest turn and it was truly the more memorable moment of my day. The rest of the day from there on out was swell. We walked the zoo, took a ride on the sky safari, and then made our way through the two gift shop areas. A wonderful asset to the Milwaukee community, we will be back when we are in the area!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This zoo is not crowded but not terribly spread out either. A nice stroll takes you down winding paths and shows you wonderful animal exhibits. Although I am sad to see animals in captivity, this zoo does a nice job of making the animals as comfortable as possible.